• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pain During Workouts, Running and CrossFit

AlexA

Reaction score
I'm new to Style Forum. I am having a problem with continued pain when hitting the gym, running or after CrossFit. I'm constantly on the couch with a bag of ice after every workout with shooting pain in my knees and ankle. I have tried to ease up on my workout, but nothing seems to help.

Is there anything that can help with my situation? What am I doing wrong is it just a sign of getting older?

Fabienne chevalier

Reaction score
I'm new to Style Forum. I am having a problem with continued pain when hitting the gym, running or after CrossFit. I'm constantly on the couch with a bag of ice after every workout with shooting pain in my knees and ankle. I have tried to ease up on my workout, but nothing seems to help.

Is there anything that can help with my situation? What am I doing wrong is it just a sign of getting older?

A Better sleep is more important to get rid of this pain
https://sleepdelivered.com/casper-vs-leesa-mattress-comparison/

Sartorially Striving

Reaction score
Take it for what it’s worth, but my best friend oversees a physical therapy center. CrossFit is the biggest moneymaker they have, by far.

IMHO, speaking as a guy who has gone through PT for injuries in the past but is currently on the couch munching pizza and drinking a friendly Washington state red, your body is telling you something if it hurts that badly. Muscle pain is normal and often ok. Blown joints are a hallmark of CrossFitters.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would concur with the advice to seek medical attention. I have been doing resistance training (and a lot of cardio when I was younger). Should any exercise cause me pain (I'm not talking about normal muscle soreness, which is a good sign), I would discontinue it at once. Pain is a warning signal from your body that something is not right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads