• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are their jeans moving to MiC as well? Keen to grab a pair of MiJs in the dregs of the Boxing Day sales if so, as I don’t fancy paying the old price for the Chinese made stuff (which would have been fine but seems like some people have had QC issues already)
Not jeans, but I got the cords in the 101 dad fit and they are MIJ

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also bought the 101s in black this past F/W and can confirm it says MIJ.

On whole MiC vs MiJ - don't have anything MiC but until I actually start noticing issues with garments received I'll continue to buy OrSlow.

dke

Reaction score
Any preference between black vs black stone in the slim fit fatigues? I have them in green and love them. I am leaning towards the standard black. They are cheaper and will fade on their own (based on my experience with the green ones). Plus the online pics seem to show that the black stone wash really highlights the edges of the pockets in a weird way. But I wanted to ask on here in case people had experience with them in person they could share. Thanks!

Phullyman

Reaction score
Any preference between black vs black stone in the slim fit fatigues? I have them in green and love them. I am leaning towards the standard black. They are cheaper and will fade on their own (based on my experience with the green ones). Plus the online pics seem to show that the black stone wash really highlights the edges of the pockets in a weird way. But I wanted to ask on here in case people had experience with them in person they could share. Thanks!

Personal preference, just whatever fit your waredrobe better

The black stone fading looks normal. Generally raise areas will fade faster hence the pockets and seams being more faded

Reaction score
The 101 Rigids I got a few months ago are still made in Japan, so it says.
Can any 101 owners say how the denim compares to the regular 105, for example?

The "rigid" quality doesn't sound so appealing to me as Orslow's classic, one-wash stuff.

I tried 105s and love the cloth but the cut does not work for me, neither in comfort nor looks.

I have an idea I would like a pair of 101s, as apparently they have a higher rise and more volume in the leg.

Does anyone know if they ever made these in the "classic" denim? I have only seen rigid and stonewashed examples.

✌️

ScottyK

Reaction score

The "rigid" quality doesn't sound so appealing to me as Orslow's classic, one-wash stuff.

I tried 105s and love the cloth but the cut does not work for me, neither in comfort nor looks.

I have an idea I would like a pair of 101s, as apparently they have a higher rise and more volume in the leg.

Does anyone know if they ever made these in the "classic" denim? I have only seen rigid and stonewashed examples.

✌️
The rigid are stiff so probably not what you’re looking for.

101 in black are really soft. Totally different from Rigid.

I actually don’t own any 105 so I wouldn’t be able to tell you how they compare. I do love the fit on the black.

ScottyK

Reaction score

✌️
What didn’t you like about the 105’s? Are they too similar to Levi 501’s?

hobojones

Reaction score
I did not like 105 either, just not comfortable all around for me, it’s more of a slim straight cut. I own the 101 rigids and I love them, generous throughout, more of a true straight cut. The rigid isn’t unreasonably stiff, I haven’t worn raw denim in over a decade but I remember samurais being more stiff/crunchier.

Crappy pic after I got them hemmed. Not really gonna go back to being a denim guy but have been digging the straight, unwashed denim look a la Henry’s, auralee, james coward, etc.
IMG_3355.jpeg

Reaction score
The rigid are stiff so probably not what you’re looking for.

101 in black are really soft. Totally different from Rigid.

I actually don’t own any 105 so I wouldn’t be able to tell you how they compare. I do love the fit on the black.

I kind of wonder if the rigid will get to a similar place in the end, as personally I would wear and wash on repeat.

If I wanted a black pair I would be all over those 101s, they look nice.
What didn’t you like about the 105’s? Are they too similar to Levi 501’s?

In a sense... While I dont have a philosophical objection to 501s/105s, I have found they don't fit my body shape. Either baggy in the waist or crunchy in the nuts, depending on size 🥜

And like @hobojones I was looking for something with a fuller leg.

Reaction score
I did not like 105 either, just not comfortable all around for me, it’s more of a slim straight cut. I own the 101 rigids and I love them, generous throughout, more of a true straight cut. The rigid isn’t unreasonably stiff, I haven’t worn raw denim in over a decade but I remember samurais being more stiff/crunchier.

Crappy pic after I got them hemmed. Not really gonna go back to being a denim guy but have been digging the straight, unwashed denim look a la Henry’s, auralee, james coward, etc.
View attachment 2114599
Thanks for the pic, these do look good. Very chill.

It is somewhat encouraging to hear the assessment "not unreasonably stiff".

Long time since I wore raw denim as well. Like, I would like my jeans to be comfortable right away please. And I am absolutely fine with the colour fading in the most uniform way possible

trudeljb

Reaction score
I have no idea how you guys afford all of this stuff- It's all beautiful so I suppose each piece is worth it! Had a quick question on the OrSlow New Yorker Short. I grabbed a pair of the Sumo Black from Mr Porter for $112 (seems like a steal TBH!) and love them but also feel like I'm in between sizes 0 and 1. It looks like they didn't even stock a size 0 while others like Blue Owl have, so I know they exist.
Anyways, wondering if I can expect these to stretch at all, or if they hold their size well? I saw earlier in the thread there's some shrinkage possible with a warm dry which would be ideal since I grabbed the 1 and they're almost perfect albeit a little big. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I have no idea how you guys afford all of this stuff- It's all beautiful so I suppose each piece is worth it! Had a quick question on the OrSlow New Yorker Short. I grabbed a pair of the Sumo Black from Mr Porter for $112 (seems like a steal TBH!) and love them but also feel like I'm in between sizes 0 and 1. It looks like they didn't even stock a size 0 while others like Blue Owl have, so I know they exist.
Anyways, wondering if I can expect these to stretch at all, or if they hold their size well? I saw earlier in the thread there's some shrinkage possible with a warm dry which would be ideal since I grabbed the 1 and they're almost perfect albeit a little big. Thanks in advance!
I have these shorts in indigo, which I have worn and washed plenty over a couple of summers. (Mine are a soft, open fabric that feels somewhat like jersey.)

They have not stretched at all. In fact I suspect they have gradually shrunk, slightly, as most cotton garments tend to do over time.

To be honest I am surprised you find it a problem to be in between sizes, since there is elastic and a drawstring. Would it work for you to tie the string a little tighter?

To me it sounds extreme to put something in a tumble dryer with the intention of shrinking it.

Watty

Reaction score
I have no idea how you guys afford all of this stuff
Not to be rude, but people have all KINDS of different incomes and if they prioritize spending on high quality clothing, it’s not surprising at all that someone with a large income could easily drop several thousand a year on clothes and not give it a second thought.

Is that really surprising to you?

Reaction score
About the cost: if you can afford it, and you buy the right things for yourself, I think it is worth it. Like you said, beautiful :)

That said, I have picked up most of my Orslow through eBay. If you can be patient (with saved searches) you can find things you want. Because of the quality I can enjoy buying it used, but you can find things hardly used or not at all.
Recently I got the denim no-collar shirt for 80GBP. It reminded me again why Ichiro Nakatsu is one of my favourite designers. Dreamy fabric. Cool metal buttons. The size and fit generous but precise.
1706036913787.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member