• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

thelonius

Reaction score
I have a story. Sorry to bore you all with this. If it is uninteresting, please don’t criticize, just skip it.

A long time ago, around the early 80s, I was in northern Spain travelling alone. I think it may have been León, and I sat at a bar in an old square at the end of the afternoon to take a drink (I was reading Hemmingway at the time). There were two men at a table just next to me. One around 24, the other around 75, both speaking with South African accents. As we drank our beers, or cold dry sherries (olives were served, of course, and slices of ham) the young man told me he was the chauffeur for the older man. He had just come out of the SA army, and the older guy had hired him to drive an old black Mercedes around Europe, which he pointed out – parked just across the square from where we were drinking.

He then showed me the book of maps that his employer had insisted they use to travel around Spain. It dated at around 1950. A leather-bound book of maps. The older man, who by that time had started to talk directly to me (he was aloof at first) explained that he wanted to just follow the older roads that existed before the motorways were built, to relive his earlier experiences of the country.

He then asked me where I came from. I told him I was born in Northampton. He pointed to his shoes, which I had not noticed. A well-worn, very well worn, pair of Tricker’s tan brogues. Leather soles. Well polished. He just remarked: “I know Northamptonshire shoes. You can never wear the damn things out!”

Fenners81

Reaction score
I have a story. Sorry to bore you all with this. If it is uninteresting, please don’t criticize, just skip it.

A long time ago, around the early 80s, I was in northern Spain travelling alone. I think it may have been León, and I sat at a bar in an old square at the end of the afternoon to take a drink (I was reading Hemmingway at the time). There were two men at a table just next to me. One around 24, the other around 75, both speaking with South African accents. As we drank our beers, or cold dry sherries (olives were served, of course, and slices of ham) the young man told me he was the chauffeur for the older man. He had just come out of the SA army, and the older guy had hired him to drive an old black Mercedes around Europe, which he pointed out – parked just across the square from where we were drinking.

He then showed me the book of maps that his employer had insisted they use to travel around Spain. It dated at around 1950. A leather-bound book of maps. The older man, who by that time had started to talk directly to me (he was aloof at first) explained that he wanted to just follow the older roads that existed before the motorways were built, to relive his earlier experiences of the country.

He then asked me where I came from. I told him I was born in Northampton. He pointed to his shoes, which I had not noticed. A well-worn, very well worn, pair of Tricker’s tan brogues. Leather soles. Well polished. He just remarked: “I know Northamptonshire shoes. You can never wear the damn things out!”
I read your story and found it boring, so I then followed your instructions and tried to skip it, only to realise this wasn't possible.

SumDude

Reaction score
Howl!
Wolf.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
So that’s what the name is! I have a photo on my phone of a pair of Gaziano and Girling boots in either that or a near identical colour kudu, and they look stunning. Always wanted a pair in it.
Those were my inspiration mate. I got a tanker at the same time. Chunkier version!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru