• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neckties: A Discussion Thread

House of KYDOS

Reaction score

Big Bird

Reaction score
Crosspost from the Cappelli thread.
maj 1.jpg

From left to right:

1 http://www.patriziocappelli.it/product/formal-wedding-silk-tie-b6/
2 http://www.patriziocappelli.it/product/madder-ties-pc0444/ (out of stock)
3 http://www.patriziocappelli.it/product/madder-ties-pc0471/
4.http://www.patriziocappelli.it/product/twill-silk-ties-zzzo8/
5 http://www.patriziocappelli.it/product/grenadine-garza-fine-tie-e2/ (out of stock)

They are all 9,5 cm standard three fold.

Really happy with all of them. Only comments I would make is that B2 (far left) is blue rather than grey and is even more “formal” than I anticipated. The middle madder is red with an orange base and will be quite versatile. Love the copper accent on the blue twill (second from right). Gives it a nice warmth.

flvinny521

Reaction score
In an attempt to resurrect this thread, I pose a question: The concept of essential, versatile conservative business dress and wedding ties has been discussed at length, but what are the essential odd jacket ties (patterns, colors, etc)?

MrChris

Reaction score
Regarding odd jacket and suitable ties...
I'd say less formal ties naturally e.g. knit ties, grenadine grossa and repp stripe silks. For rustic jackets such as tweed, madder silk ties would be a good match.
In general I'd stay away from grenadine garza fina and neat printed silk when wearing an odd jacket.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider block stripes for all sport coats

5CDB56A7-B995-4B83-89C6-30D524B00F2D.jpeg

House of KYDOS

Reaction score
@flvinny521 Can you pls be more specific on what you mean by "odd"? are you refering to sport jackets, checks, herringbone, only?

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some suggestions.

I'm looking for some ties for a friend, and he wants:

- Very rich and vibrant colors
- Print silk or jacquard type
- Very soft feeling ties
- Solids are no-go, he wants some pattern to them

We looked at some Stefano Ricci ties, which he enjoyed very much. But any other brands that seem to make the same stuff? And won't completely break the bank.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Shibumi compare to the other brands we know?

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have updated some pics on my FS Bespoke thread, hope this is not spam

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would be fair to call them a bit overpriced, at least for the 3 folds. Comparable price wise to Vandas and Hober, which usually stays my hand, but, in fairness, they do have some really great designs. Love their repps.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some suggestions.

I'm looking for some ties for a friend, and he wants:

- Very rich and vibrant colors
- Print silk or jacquard type
- Very soft feeling ties
- Solids are no-go, he wants some pattern to them

We looked at some Stefano Ricci ties, which he enjoyed very much. But any other brands that seem to make the same stuff? And won't completely break the bank.

If he likes Stefano Ricci that suggests vibrant colours and high sheen silks. A little old fashioned by today’s standards but still used by many. Most of the classic brands in this category are fairly pricey (Brioni, Ferragamo, Sulka, Hermès etc), but on the other hand you can find plenty on EBay. Italo Ferretti and Turnbull & Asser might be worth checking out as well, not quite as expensive.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derinmichel