• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

EvilBoffin

Reaction score
It's offered exclusively on the Artista lasts, so it's artista as far as I can tell
Yeah - that's what I expected, too. But the email I received shows JONES last for the cordovan loafers, and the configurator does not display the last used... maybe it's just a mistake in the email.

I might contact Toni for confirmation, one last or the other.

EvilBoffin

Reaction score
Can you get cordovan boots?
There are no boots shown in the MTO configurator currently, but they may have plans to expand the cordovan offerings sometime soon.

You can always ask Toni at the customer service email. He usually responds personally - -

kg13

Reaction score
What kind of leather does TLB use for their insoles?

I have a pair of Grant Stone and don't find them comfortable so this is why I ask

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have ordered a pair of Adelaide Oxfords from the new Cordovan range. Will post some photos and perhaps also some evaluative comments when they arrive.
I am on the fence with the navy cordovan Adelaide … reminds me so much of the GG ST JAMES in sapphire … damn jus t not sure I want to blow that much for TLB …

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of leather does TLB use for their insoles?

I have a pair of Grant Stone and don't find them comfortable so this is why I ask

Italian veg tanned. The comfort is one of things TLB is most praised for, so wouldn't be worried about that.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Just got my first pair, from The Hand, which has a light brown suede artista tassel loafer (btw, why on earth does TLB not sell any tassel loafers in artista line directly?).
The heel is surprisingly snug, much more than any other shoe I have had from the likes of meermin or yanko, where I always have quite a bit of heel slippage on loafers until they break in - these had none from the start. So much so that I'm considering sizing up half to allow for more vertical toe room (they slightly touch my big toe, even though that happens at about the end of the apron stitching, so I think length isn't the problem?).

EvilBoffin

Reaction score
Just got my first pair, from The Hand, which has a light brown suede artista tassel loafer (btw, why on earth does TLB not sell any tassel loafers in artista line directly?).
The heel is surprisingly snug, much more than any other shoe I have had from the likes of meermin or yanko, where I always have quite a bit of heel slippage on loafers until they break in - these had none from the start. So much so that I'm considering sizing up half to allow for more vertical toe room (they slightly touch my big toe, even though that happens at about the end of the apron stitching, so I think length isn't the problem?).
@Mirage- - - - Which size did you buy, and which size do you feel you may need ??
And are you located in the USA ??

Why I ask -
Because I bought the EXACT same artista tassel loafers from Dennis 2 months ago in US9/UK8.
They are comfortable and I don't have heel slip. But - they are otherwise slightly over-generous and loose-fitting. I haven't yet worn them outside the house, as I've been struggling to determine if I should sell & size down to US8.5/UK7.5.

Admittedly a long shot, but it would be a happy coincidence if we could simply swap shoes and both walk away in the right sizes......
:cheers:

Last edited:

Mirage-

Reaction score
I'm in Italy, and bought a uk9, sorry
@Mirage- - - - Which size did you buy, and which size do you feel you may need ??
And are you located in the USA ??

Why I ask -
Because I bought the EXACT same artista tassel loafers from Dennis 2 months ago in US9/UK8.
They are comfortable and I don't have heel slip. But - they are otherwise slightly over-generous and loose-fitting. I haven't yet worn them outside the house, as I've been struggling to determine if I should sell & size down to US8.5/UK7.5.

Admittedly a long shot, but it would be a happy coincidence if we could simply swap shoes and both walk away in the right sizes......
:cheers:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member