• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Adhazem

Reaction score
TLB Mallorca just dropped a shell cordovan line

https://www.tlbmallorca.com/shell-cordovan-shoes

I have positive experience with them, and the bang for your buck is pretty insane.

Oh and here is the zigger. It's only available for MTO but the MTO fee is PERMANENTLY WAIVED. So you can order exactly what you want, and the price is 600 euro or about $650 (Yes that's less than Allen Edmonds)

Zigger 2.0 All orders placed by June 12th will get FULLY LASTED shoe trees added for free :eek:

High quality GYW cordovan shoes, with a fiddle back waist, real leather heel stiffeners, fully customizable, with fully lasted shoe trees for $650.
Unbelievable GIF - Thatsinsane Patrick Spongebob - Discover & Share GIFs

The cordovan is from Rocado in Italy. I have no personal experience with this cordovan. But the owner of TLB went to the factory to inspect their shells himself, and he always maintains a high standard for his shoes.

(This post is purely because I love shoes, and I have no connection to TLB)

Yeah I don’t think I’m gonna be out of shoe buying jail by the 12th. What are you getting?

hysteria

Reaction score
For those of you who own cordovan, what do you find to be the most attractive aspects of owning cordovan versus box calf? Cons?
I've always mainly admired Cordovan bc most Oxblood/Burgundy that I see and like tend to often be in Cordovan, but I've never owned shell, which seems like it's tougher to break in than box calf, so I'm curious to know what most people's primary reasons are for owning Cordovan. I've seen the characteristic ripple creasing, which Im' indifferent about.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TLB Mallorca just dropped a shell cordovan line

https://www.tlbmallorca.com/shell-cordovan-shoes

I have positive experience with them, and the bang for your buck is pretty insane.

Oh and here is the zigger. It's only available for MTO but the MTO fee is PERMANENTLY WAIVED. So you can order exactly what you want, and the price is 600 euro or about $650 (Yes that's less than Allen Edmonds)

Zigger 2.0 All orders placed by June 12th will get FULLY LASTED shoe trees added for free :eek:

High quality GYW cordovan shoes, with a fiddle back waist, real leather heel stiffeners, fully customizable, with fully lasted shoe trees for $650.
Unbelievable GIF - Thatsinsane Patrick Spongebob - Discover & Share GIFs

The cordovan is from Rocado in Italy. I have no personal experience with this cordovan. But the owner of TLB went to the factory to inspect their shells himself, and he always maintains a high standard for his shoes.

(This post is purely because I love shoes, and I have no connection to TLB)
Interesting. Good price but it’s too bad that they decided to use Rocado.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with Rocado?
It’s fine I guess. It’s low on the list of shell I’d buy for myself but I suppose they were trying to keep costs down. At the relative markup compared to other TLB products it is probably worth about what you’re paying for it.

kg13

Reaction score
It’s fine I guess. It’s low on the list of shell I’d buy for myself but I suppose they were trying to keep costs down. At the relative markup compared to other TLB products it is probably worth about what you’re paying for it.
I mean relative to shell cordovan from other tanneries, what makes rocado bad / worse?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean relative to shell cordovan from other tanneries, what makes rocado bad / worse?
They use a sort of acrylic looking finish on it, more rolls, tons of bloom. Doesn’t age the best. More of a manufactured sheen to it than the glow of horween if that makes sense.

Adhazem

Reaction score
How does the sizing on the Van Gogh compare with carmina rain? Is F equivalent of rain in E?

I don’t have any Carminas. Sorry. Their Goya, Van Gogh and Picasso in theory should fit the same heel to ball with the difference being in the toe sculpting. I’ve found Van Gogh to be slightly tighter on my feet but that could be within the margin of crafting error. My recommendation is to write Toni and he’ll recommend a great fit.

EvilBoffin

Reaction score
Toni does not state in the Cordovan announcement if the new offerings will be made to Artista design & crafting standards, or Mainline . . . Can anybody confirm ???

The loafers shown in the email appear to be on the Mainline JONES last - not the GOYA last used for Artista loafers....

Artista would only make sense for their most expensive products,
- Narrower, bevelled, fiddle-back waist
- Higher stitch-per-inch
- More refined fudging
- Cleaner, hand-sanded sole edges
- etc.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toni does not state in the Cordovan announcement if the new offerings will be made to Artista design & crafting standards, or Mainline . . . Can anybody confirm ???

The loafers shown in the email appear to be on the Mainline JONES last - not the GOYA last used for Artista loafers....

Artista would only make sense for their most expensive products,
- Narrower, bevelled, fiddle-back waist
- Higher stitch-per-inch
- More refined fudging
- Cleaner, hand-sanded sole edges
- etc.
It's offered exclusively on the Artista lasts, so it's artista as far as I can tell

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member