• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ludwig Reiter Factory Tour Photos

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last week, I was able to go a factory tour of Ludwig Reiter. For those that don't know, they produce a lot of their shoes & boots in Austria. I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took.

IMG_6408.JPG

Cutting the uppers for a gorgeous boot (Traktorstiefel - tractor boot). The leather is Juchtenleder (EN: Russia leather according to Wikipedia). He was sharpening his blade after each straight cut. Incredibly hard and thick leather.

IMG_6392.JPG

IMG_6393.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6399.JPG

Uppers for the Maronibrater, a shearling-lined boot.

IMG_6401.JPG

IMG_6414.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6409.JPG

IMG_6412.JPG

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_6427.JPG

These are being reconditioned in their repair department.

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6410.JPG

Packing and quality control:

IMG_6429.JPG

They also have a factory outlet. I believe most shoes were seconds and around -30% off.

Men/women/children:

IMG_6379.JPG

Men (horse and deer suede):

IMG_6381.JPG

Men (Juchtenleder):

IMG_6382.JPG

NycLondon

Reaction score
Great pics!! I bought my first pair of Reiter shoes this June in Zurich - they are terrific, so comfortable. Scotch pattern. The service in their shop was very professional. The size is very true - I am a 7.5 UK, the Salzberg last is lovely for me. Others less so, well worth a store visit if you can.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent shoes. My two pairs are 12 years old.
Do not look it. Unfortunately, the last they were
made on was discontinued and no other current models
fit.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great pics!! I bought my first pair of Reiter shoes this June in Zurich - they are terrific, so comfortable. Scotch pattern. The service in their shop was very professional. The size is very true - I am a 7.5 UK, the Salzberg last is lovely for me. Others less so, well worth a store visit if you can.

Thanks! I've had nothing but positive encounters with their staff at both the stores and at company HQ. Friendly and knowledgeable and not afraid to give out information. Those are some heavy shoes you have and that sole lasts forever.

Excellent shoes. My two pairs are 12 years old.
Do not look it. Unfortunately, the last they were
made on was discontinued and no other current models
fit.

Too bad on the discontinued last. May be worthwhile to ask them about it or whether they have any intentions of bringing it back.

I particularly love the boots. They bought the Austrian boot company Kitzmantel 25-30 years ago and used one of the designs for the current Maronibrater, I believe. Simple boot but practical. While it's a bit overpriced, they have a "gardener boot" that is also a cool style.

Note: I have no affiliation to the company other than being a customer.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've had nothing but positive encounters with their staff at both the stores and at company HQ. Friendly and knowledgeable and not afraid to give out information. Those are some heavy shoes you have and that sole lasts forever.

Too bad on the discontinued last. May be worthwhile to ask them about it or whether they have any intentions of bringing it back.

I did at their London store 9/16 who checked with Vienna. No plans.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I particularly love the boots. They bought the Austrian boot company Kitzmantel 25-30 years ago and used one of the designs for the current Maronibrater, I believe. Simple boot but practical. While it's a bit overpriced, they have a "gardener boot" that is also a cool style.

I have in Vienna in 2014 and at their London store 2016

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member