• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Real or Fake Piana Fabric?

ELMG

Reaction score
So I recently bought a suit supposedly made with Loro Piana fabric and I’m not sure whether it’s real or not. I only have doubts because the fabric claims to be Tasmanian Super 130, but my Super 120 suit from Hugo Boss feels softer. The suit is from 2005 and sat in charity shop storage for years and has also likely been dry cleaned multiple times, so it’s possible that this is what is contributing to the stiffness.

I was also surprised at the non functional buttons, but apparently this is common even in good suits.

The last 2 photos are from tags in the trousers.

I’m assuming that this fabric isn’t fake due to the fact that LP fakes have only majorly started cropping up in the last few years.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See this thread:
Suspect the suit is real but the fabric has just been improperly cleaned.

ELMG

Reaction score
See this thread:
Suspect the suit is real but the fabric has just been improperly cleaned.
I assumed that was the case. Thanks for the response! Any idea whether the damage can be reversed?

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, sorry. Missed that.

There would be no reason to assume it was fake anyway; LP's fabric costs are not in the sphere of stupidity pricing like their ready-to-wear branded clothing. It's possible to find their fabric used in much more affordable pieces by other garment makers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads