• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a classic polo without a logo

Matt S

Reaction score
This can be easily solved by a tailor. Taking in the sides is cheap. I have a 8-10" drop. So I just get a polo that I like based on chest and shoulders fit, then a tailor tweaks the rest. It might cost $15-25, can't quite remember.

Example: I have a couple of Tommy Bahama polos, which are definitely not made for my body type. For most brands, I wear size Medium. In Tommy Bahama, I get Small, take in the sides, and it fits perfectly.
Thanks, but it's not easily solved for me. I am slim without an unusually large drop. Taking in the sides doesn't work well for me because the chest will still be too large. I wore a shirt today that I had slimmed down in the sleeves and side seams, but it didn't end up so well because it doesn't take in the chest.

J.Crew pique polos may be a good alternative.
J Crew pique polo is logo-less, made from a hearty fabric, similar cut to classic PRL. Oh, and they’re not expensive.
I would have mentioned Kent Wang, Spier & McKay, Berg & Berg, Natalino, Anglo Italian and others in that class but they’re a bit more refined, less prep, than PRL.
Thanks, the J.Crew polos look like the best option. I'm not crazy about their colour options other than navy, but perhaps they will release more seasonal options. I'll keep an eye out for them.

There are some lovely polos there, but the pique polos all have logos.

Banana Republic pique polos are probably the most similar to RL sans logo. Mine have held up well for about a decade now.

Although not a pique fabric, I have a new love affair with Spier's knit polos. I personally like the generous retro collars and ribbed hem which hugs the waist and gives a more V silhouette. They are very comfortable in this nasty NYC humidity. If you're going to tumble dry them, size up. They shrink.
Banana Republic's classic pique polos have logos, unfortunately. Spier's polos look quite nice, and while they aren't exactly what I'm looking for I would consider them.

The Portofino Collection from Collars & Co., is exactly what you’re looking for. Check them out

The Portofino Collection at Collars & Co. is exactly the look and fit you are looking for. Definitely worth checking out. Good luck! https://collarsandco.com/search?q=Portofino
These look nice, but they're not the style I'm looking for as they lack the classic ribbed collar and sleeve band, and they have a logo on the sleeve.

I haven’t worn a RL polo is quite some time so not sure how the fit/look compares but Sid Mashburn makes very solid pique polos with a full sewn-on collar. This helps the collar frame your face and allows it to stand up properly if you wear it with a jacket. A few colors are on sale right now as well.
The Sid Mashburn polos look nice, and you make a good point about how their type of collar works well under a jacket (though I like a higher collar when I wear a jacket). I'm a bit turned off by the logo at the hem, which would force me to wear them tucked. I've considered getting a MTM or bespoke shirt in this style so I can get the kind of collar I like. But it still doesn't solve my search for a PRL/Lacoste style polo without a logo.

I really appreciate the help everyone has provided here. My choices seem to be to get a custom PRL polo without a logo, which would put it at the same price as a Sunspel polo. In that case, I'd be better off with a Sunspel polo when my size is restocked. Or I can take my chances removing a Lacoste logo. The best option looks like J.Crew, I just wish they had some other colours, which they will probably have in the future.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Thanks, but it's not easily solved for me. I am slim without an unusually large drop. Taking in the sides doesn't work well for me because the chest will still be too large. I wore a shirt today that I had slimmed down in the sleeves and side seams, but it didn't end up so well because it doesn't take in the chest.

Thanks, the J.Crew polos look like the best option. I'm not crazy about their colour options other than navy, but perhaps they will release more seasonal options. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Banana Republic's classic pique polos have logos, unfortunately. Spier's polos look quite nice, and while they aren't exactly what I'm looking for I would consider them.

These look nice, but they're not the style I'm looking for as they lack the classic ribbed collar and sleeve band, and they have a logo on the sleeve.

The Sid Mashburn polos look nice, and you make a good point about how their type of collar works well under a jacket (though I like a higher collar when I wear a jacket). I'm a bit turned off by the logo at the hem, which would force me to wear them tucked. I've considered getting a MTM or bespoke shirt in this style so I can get the kind of collar I like. But it still doesn't solve my search for a PRL/Lacoste style polo without a logo.

I really appreciate the help everyone has provided here. My choices seem to be to get a custom PRL polo without a logo, which would put it at the same price as a Sunspel polo. In that case, I'd be better off with a Sunspel polo when my size is restocked. Or I can take my chances removing a Lacoste logo. The best option looks like J.Crew, I just wish they had some other colours, which they will probably have in the future.

1. Email Luxire
2. Tell them exactly what you what
3. Profit

PeterHH2024

Reaction score
I really enjoy the Sunspel Pique polo, they are quite overpriced as most other brands, so I get them on sale.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score

J.Crew sells their polos year-round, and they are always updating the color options. Good luck!

Matt S

Reaction score
Sunspel is having a sale right now
I often take advantage of them, but getting a size S is not easy. There was practically nothing in my size when the sale started! Even in non-sale items there's little in size S available in the pique polo.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, I've asked myself the same question years ago.

Eventually settled on Uniqlo polo's.
The fit and finish compares, the colors however do fade quicker.
But in return you can buy 5 for the price of 1 RRL polo.

I usually buy the whole color range every 2-3 years and move the old ones to the thriftstore.

blipstein

Reaction score
I have been wearing Ralph Lauren polos for years. I love their classic style and high quality, and they don't wear out after 15 years. Their variety of colours and fits is superb. But I'd really love a piqué polo just like them in the same style and same level of quality at a similar price, just without a logo. What are my options?
Hey Matt -

I'm not sure where you are located but you may not be aware you can have polos custom-made for similar prices as off-the-rack in some brands. Our custom polos allow you to customize the following measurements:

- Chest
- Waist
- Shoulder Width
- Length
- Sleeve Length
- Sleeve opening
- Armhole circumference

On top of these customizable measurements, you can customize the styling in more ways than you probably ever thought of, and a wide array of fabrics including Pique, Lightweight Pique, Pima Pique, and Tech Pique, as well as Jersey, Supima interlock, other tech and heathered fabrics as well.

These can be made across casual styles - short and long sleeve polos, short and long sleeve henleys, mock-neck pullovers with button plackets or 1/4 zips, crew and v-neck short and long sleeve shirts, and even hoodies. There's a selection of woven trims available as well if you want to do accents in any of about 10 locations on the shirts. There's no logos placed on the shirt, and if you'd like you can choose to have them monogrammed or have your own custom embroidery placed on them.

Anybody reading this that might be interested in learning more can feel free to contact me through here. My brand is based in Philadelphia and only makes custom-made garments from scratch. I'm not sure of the etiquette on these threads, so won't plug the brand here, but anybody interested in more info can feel free to send me a message.

If you're interested but not close to Philadelphia, I'd be happy to ask my shop if they have someone that works with them in your local area for a referral as well.

Attachments

• shot_20_3487N_5631.jpg
    shot_20_3487N_5631.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 13
  • shot_32_34870 _040.jpg
    shot_32_34870 _040.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 604
  • shot_58_3475i_026.jpg
    shot_58_3475i_026.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 610

Matt S

Reaction score
Sunspel sales are mostly for riviera, in terms of polos
They put the pique polos on sale too, but they seem to frequently sell out in my size before going on sale.

Funny, I've asked myself the same question years ago.

Eventually settled on Uniqlo polo's.
The fit and finish compares, the colors however do fade quicker.
But in return you can buy 5 for the price of 1 RRL polo.

I usually buy the whole color range every 2-3 years and move the old ones to the thriftstore.
Do Uniqlo make all-cotton polos? I don't see any on their website.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Uniqlo make all-cotton polos? I don't see any on their website.
No, they are not. The dry ex ones are good, but aren’t all cotton. Didn’t matter to me all that much, but can imagine that it does for others.

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well, well, well x100......

... Seems that my initial advice is still leading the pack as the most suitable and pragmatic solution. Nothing else is even coming close.

You're welcome.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member