• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_20180122_202921.jpg

:inlove:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unionmade looks like they just rec'd their FW17 order (?)

How are the scarves and mufflers in people's experiences?? I want to pick up one or two.

platformtwo

Reaction score
Unionmade looks like they just rec'd their FW17 order (?)

How are the scarves and mufflers in people's experiences?? I want to pick up one or two.

I bought their antlers scarf a while back. I'd never had anything in a 'shrunken wool' before, so the texture was kind of weird to me. Basically, each different color was shrunken onto the rest, so the whole thing's mildly 3D, and the edges kind of curl up from the shrinking. It's soft, but it's not too warm so I don't use it much.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of scarves... I have my first Kapital piece on its way.

If zenmarket would hurry up and buy it cuz it's low stock and I'm getting antsy.

Edit: ayyy got the last one!

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooo this photo has made me believe I need a kesa cardigan(or is that a scarf?)in my life.

Would it still have a slouchy fit for someone who takes 6 in SS outerwear?

Yup, it's the Tsugihagi Kesa. I'd like to think it'd fit a large with some slough - it looks roomy enough to fit just about anybody who's not morbidly obese.

@PDTN has posted a picture of him wearing it a couple of months back, but I'm not sure what his usual clothing sizes are.

I bought their antlers scarf a while back. I'd never had anything in a 'shrunken wool' before, so the texture was kind of weird to me. Basically, each different color was shrunken onto the rest, so the whole thing's mildly 3D, and the edges kind of curl up from the shrinking. It's soft, but it's not too warm so I don't use it much.

I regret not getting the black one when I had the chance - I can't find it, and Kapital doesn't seem to have it listed on their e-shop anymore. No longer on Haven nor Standard & Strange.

I saw the blue one on Unionmade (damn, did they get their Kapital stuff late) but it's not as striking.

Dino19

Reaction score
Unfortunately some pretty poor lighting in my room and Im awful at taking fit pics, but here's the Sha-Ka Coat, along with a sukiyaki flannel I grabbed off Rakuten. Worn with RgT sashikos and Oak Street boots. Great texture on the coat, it's not overly warm but is super cozy, pairs well with the jeans IMO
View attachment 911823 View attachment 911824

What size are you wearing? 3? Is it your usual size? I'm thinking of getting one but not sure about the sizing.

Austo

Reaction score
What size are you wearing? 3? Is it your usual size? I'm thinking of getting one but not sure about the sizing.
It's a 3 which is my usual size. Fit is slightly oversized but yeah I'd go with your standard size

Dino19

Reaction score
It's a 3 which is my usual size. Fit is slightly oversized but yeah I'd go with your standard size

Thanks for your input. I'm typically a 2. I'll probably go with 2 then, instead of my initial thought of upsizing to 3 for a oversize look.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
Anyone see the Kapital Kountry lookbook? I'm eagerly awaiting their release of the banana denim, looks like they've put out one or two items every few days and the wait is killing me.
show

In other news, I got a great secondhand deal on this scarf and can't wait for it to arrive!
itm_J5NjKO_2.jpg

And I wanted to share my favorite Kapital fit that I've ever put together. Featuring the long ring coat, cotton-linen sukiyaki shirt, compressed wool patchwork scarf, and the smiley boots.
99GN33Y.jpg

VNrdMKW.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members