• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoodog oh i was just kidding - I think people said they were "played" or something like that.

Ah, I thought that was what you meant. Personally, I don't give two ***** about wether some guys on SF thinks they're played out or whatever. I love the bandana stuff. That's enough for me. Ymmv of course.

I'd like to get me one of the reversible flannel jackets too, but last time I tried them on they were just too short. For some reason they were even shorter than the cotton gauze version.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@hoodog Me either. When I first started unpacking them, I had thought initially that they seemed a bit more cropped than the gauze version, too. Luckily the flannel is pretty lightweight and has some give, so should be cool as a layering piece.

@dangerous I feel like many of the jackets from the OG shipment last year went to some other Kapital SFers. Retail on the Chino x BOA Fleece Nordic Anoraks is $645.

Last edited:

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
kapital rider's club
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 5.45.57 PM.png

Dino19

Reaction score
@canoeclub, is it advisable to size up on the flannel bandana jacket? Can you provide measurements on size 3 & 4? Thanks.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@dino09 I personally would if you want to have a bit more of a relaxed fit. They definitely run a little slim. Measurements are as follows...:

3:
pit to pit - 22.5"
sleeves - 23.5"
shoulders - 19.5"
length - 22"

4:
pit to pit - 23"
sleeves - 24.75"
shoulders - 20"
length - 23"

Austo

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Boro truckers are gone for good or coming back? Now that I'm ready to purchase one, I was holding out for a blanket lined which I haven't seen in ages but even the more recent version isn't in stock through the Kapital site or at any stockists from what I can find.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw em in Kyoto, Osaka, and Nagoya only a handful of weeks ago so they are around. I'd be surprised if they aren't for sale still at store, so I wonder why it's not stocked online. I guess they probably have different stocks. You are gonna have to find someone to go pick it up for you.

search64

Reaction score
Just went through Zenmarket to order a brushed cotton ring coat and sarouel nouvelle pants. I'm a 33" natural waist, 39" chest, so I went with size 2 for both. Hope the sizing works out, this is exciting.

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Nice pickups. Not quite sure how stretchy the Nouvelle pants are, but the last listing for a size 2 had the waist at 77 cm/30 inches or so. Hope that works out.

As an aside, would anyone be familiar with the changes to Kap's labels over time? Not sure if significant but am curious to know if the white vs black labels are used interchangeably or meant to identify specific lines (the white tags seem older?).

Would also be interested to see when did they change from the larger "Kapital & Capital Made by Zipang" and "Hand made in Zipang Island" stuff (the later seemed to have a stamped label too?).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar