• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Akoni VS JMM

enIMrkB.jpg

8Y7r66S.jpg
I owned some of these Akoni Columba frames in the scraped grey and they were nice frames, unfortunately I lost them whilst out on the town drinking.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like this look. I wish you to enjoy your new frame, but in my opinion this is a style clearly designed for women. Not without a reason womens ranges are bolder and more extravagant. In the end you can wear what you like, of course, but, if I have to give you an honest advice, I would discourage you.
All good man, I always appreciate honesty on SF.

I'm curious as to why us men are so averse to bold, extravagant frames on here?

All I can think of is gender norms, and women being stereotyped as the more "fashionable" sex.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
All good man, I always appreciate honesty on SF.

I'm curious as to why us men are so averse to bold, extravagant frames on here?

All I can think of is gender norms, and women being stereotyped as the more "fashionable" sex.
Perhaps with redefining gender roles it’ll happen someday, but for today, men tend to push the boundary of a uniform, while women can work off a clean, uniformless canvas.

That said, I have less of a fashion issue with those glasses as a fit issue. They look way too small.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with redefining gender roles it’ll happen someday, but for today, men tend to push the boundary of a uniform, while women can work off a clean, uniformless canvas.

That said, I have less of a fashion issue with those glasses as a fit issue. They look way too small.
Sounds about right. Just feels boring and restrictive to me. We only get one life, might as well have fun while we can.

They are on the smaller side, and that appeals to me considering my strong prescription(thicker lenses the larger the frame).

The Fellinis are the beefiest frames I have and boy does my head get tired from them.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Just feels boring and restrictive to me. We only get one life, might as well have fun while we can.

They are on the smaller side, and that appeals to me considering my strong prescription(thicker lenses the larger the frame).

The Fellinis are the beefiest frames I have and boy does my head get tired from them.
Yeah, but with those kind of cateye angles, if the fit isn’t perfect it looks like you are trying on your much smaller girlfriend’s glasses for fun. With those, they are meant to look a little bit oversized such that the temples kind of flare past the side of your head. With these, they are pretty much level with the side of your head. It creates an uncomfortable “squeezing” vibe to the viewer.

This kind of fit would work well with a panto style frame but looks undersized in this style. If you have a high rx, I think a different frame style would work better

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but with those kind of cateye angles, if the fit isn’t perfect it looks like you are trying on your much smaller girlfriend’s glasses for fun. With those, they are meant to look a little bit oversized such that the temples kind of flare past the side of your head. With these, they are pretty much level with the side of your head. It creates an uncomfortable “squeezing” vibe to the viewer.

This kind of fit would work well with a panto style frame but looks undersized in this style. If you have a high rx, I think a different frame style would work better
Ahh ok, I understand now, thanks for articulating it clearly.

Ok, I'll post how they look on me when I receive them. Then I may return them if they truly look awful and before I buy lenses.

obecity

Reaction score

If you ask me, there are frames for dudes and frames for the chicks. Dudes should stick with dudes frames and the chicks with chicks frames. Easy as that, pure and simple since the beginning of history.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new Molino color (Slate)
new Torino color (Rover, new Black, smoke fade)

dvcedeI.jpg

XgmjOiN.jpg

9nBI8ph.jpg

KYhK7BM.jpg
Woohoo. More black frames! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ😣

Rover always looks classy. Do they always have yellow gold fittings? Would much prefer silver. I’ve ordered a green leather jacket and if it works out I might be in for some green frames.

obecity

Reaction score
Had to give it a shot. Anyone seen: Yves Black Fade - (the first one) in any retailer?
I have the first generation Yves Black Fade. The first gen is definitely better than the second generation black fade. Jump on the first gen if you can find it. Second generation is just an inferior derivative. JMTCWIYDMTI

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33