• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
There's a crowd in China selling all of these fake JMM glasses. I think they go under the name Globo Specs on Instagram. JMM needs to get on top of it or they will end up like Moscot with nearly identical products littered all over Aliexpress. They should have someone internally reporting all of the listings. If they stay on top of it these sellers will be forced to sell on places like DHGate and eventually, the counterfeiting will die off. I've seen fake Blake Kuwahara, THenri, Jean Phillipe Joly, Unique Design Milano, and JMM all over Aliexpress recently. It's disgraceful how these counterfeiters get away with it as some of them are pretty reputable factories in China and most of these brands are only getting started.
It's too late, JMM is already littered throughout Aliexpress AND DHgate, a 2 minute search will show you that. Absolutely impossible to stop because they just keep moving their production facilites once targeted. You only have to look at the copy watch and handbag industry to see it's been going on forever, and will continue to do so. How do you think Rolex feels? JMM is small fry by comparison.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far be it from me to defend scammers but the kind of people who buy a fake Rolex for $300 are hardly likely to have been customers of the genuine article.

Somewhat similarly there was a rumour when Tommy Hilfiger was big that a lot of stuff was being shoplifted at shops in predominantly Black neighbourhoods and Hilfiger realised that Black lads wearing his gear was opening up a big new market for his previously WASPy preppie brand, so while he may not have actively encouraged it he sorta turned a blind eye.

I have no idea but maybe the likes of JMM turn a blind eye to cheap fakes as those buyers would be unlikely to drop $800 on a genuine pair so it’s not cutting into his profit but it’s stealth advertising for the brand.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far be it from me to defend scammers but the kind of people who buy a fake Rolex for $300 are hardly likely to have been customers of the genuine article.

Somewhat similarly there was a rumour when Tommy Hilfiger was big that a lot of stuff was being shoplifted at shops in predominantly Black neighbourhoods and Hilfiger realised that Black lads wearing his gear was opening up a big new market for his previously WASPy preppie brand, so while he may not have actively encouraged it he sorta turned a blind eye.

I have no idea but maybe the likes of JMM turn a blind eye to cheap fakes as those buyers would be unlikely to drop $800 on a genuine pair so it’s not cutting into his profit but it’s stealth advertising for the brand.

Yes, I totally agree with this. Whoever is going to purchase a pair for a steal price, either is aware and consenting to get a fake or completely naive, the latter hypothesis being highly improbable.

Deangelo1555

Reaction score

If the fakes are good enough, people will buy them and the fact that the Chinese factories can copy them says a lot about how technically advanced they are in frame production. JMM frames are complex pieces of art. It's harder to fake the internal workings of a Rolex watch.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at it more as harming the folks who thought they bought the genuine article, and don't know enough to tell the difference.

The person that paid $700 for those fake Belize in Sand probably bought their first JMM and wanted a good deal. So the people hurt by this are: JMM retailers that have sales going but aren't going to get the business bc of a fake, the buyer who got ripped off and paid way too much, JMM because they probably lost a customer for life, and the platform for horrible handling of fake merchandise.

Deangelo1555

Reaction score
I look at it more as harming the folks who thought they bought the genuine article, and don't know enough to tell the difference.

The person that paid $700 for those fake Belize in Sand probably bought their first JMM and wanted a good deal. So the people hurt by this are: JMM retailers that have sales going but aren't going to get the business bc of a fake, the buyer who got ripped off and paid way too much, JMM because they probably lost a customer for life, and the platform for horrible handling of fake merchandise.
Ebay are pretty good at dealing with fake merchandise. If the brand reported it, it would be taken down immediately.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Whoever is going to purchase a pair for a steal price, either is aware and consenting to get a fake or completely naive, the latter hypothesis being highly improbable.
I'd say it's absolute naivety across the board, especially when those consenting folk may think they're getting a bargain, when in actual fact they're getting ripped because as I made the point on the previous page, what they're paying for fakes on ebay is simply stupid when you can get them for $70 delivered. A simple google entry of 'JMM fake sunglasses' will give you all you need to know. Nuffie town :rolleyes:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve also noticed that jmm increases prices so fast that sometimes the pre-orders are $100 cheaper than the actual price when it comes out
Yeah I’m in for the stingray Dealans and this being mentioned on here persuaded me to pony up now rather than wait till they hit the shops.

I do think it curious that some frames hit the site and the shops with little to no intro and fanfare while others get the months long delayed release waiting period. I have no idea if this is just the luck of the draw or some other elaborate marketing scheme.

Deangelo1555

Reaction score
Yeah I’m in for the stingray Dealans and this being mentioned on here persuaded me to pony up now rather than wait till they hit the shops.

I do think it curious that some frames hit the site and the shops with little to no intro and fanfare while others get the months long delayed release waiting period. I have no idea if this is just the luck of the draw or some other elaborate marketing scheme.
In recent years, much of the buzz around JMM has been self-generated. They strategically showcased frames on their website, promptly labeling them as ‘sold out’ within 24 hours. However, the truth was that many of these frames were still making their way to physical stores. Over the past year, JMM has scaled back its wholesale market significantly, opting to sell exclusively to select stores. This shift reflects a more pragmatic approach to product availability, accurately represented online. Looking ahead, JMM seems poised to establish standalone stores, creating an ultra-exclusive brand experience by bypassing intermediaries and directly serving their customers.

_AMD

Reaction score
In recent years, much of the buzz around JMM has been self-generated. They strategically showcased frames on their website, promptly labeling them as ‘sold out’ within 24 hours. However, the truth was that many of these frames were still making their way to physical stores. Over the past year, JMM has scaled back its wholesale market significantly, opting to sell exclusively to select stores. This shift reflects a more pragmatic approach to product availability, accurately represented online. Looking ahead, JMM seems poised to establish standalone stores, creating an ultra-exclusive brand experience by bypassing intermediaries and directly serving their customers.
I've actually been reading these comments about the fakes on eBay and found myself chuckling at the thought that JMM themselves might be putting them out there just to "encourage" more traffic at their official resale channels.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
checkerschamp