• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JessBob

Reaction score
how did you get those LF in reserve? Don't see them on the site.

They're on the site. Check Belvedere. It's the third color option shown. Limited to 50, which is why people have been scrambling to grab one before today's general public launch

FYI, tobacco is also an extra limited release Belvedere, also with only 50

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the new releases now.
Belvedere my favourite from that batch - right up my alley with the shorter height and square-ish frames - seem quite similar to Molinos but I don’t think I’m tempted at $2k. My LFs bought two years ago were $1.8 IIRC. I also much prefer the Thunderbird temple ends to the bucking horse.

JessBob

Reaction score
I see the new releases now.
Belvedere my favourite from that batch - right up my alley with the shorter height and square-ish frames - seem quite similar to Molinos but I don’t think I’m tempted at $2k. My LFs bought two years ago were $1.8 IIRC. I also much prefer the Thunderbird temple ends to the bucking horse.

Yes, I thought you might like the Belvs given your stated preferences

oudwood

Reaction score
Personally, the LF collection is something that I will never desire or covet. Price-wise, I would never be comfortable paying for sunglasses/opticals in that range and the ornamentation isn't my style, especially with the horses, cawing bald eagles, etc.. It's kind of tacky imo. I enjoy something more refined, elegant, and classic. That being said, there is something for everyone, I hope those who were anticipating this drop were able to find what they were looking for. The shape of the Mojave and Belvedere are fun though.

No shade on the LF collection or its admirers, just giving my input on how it isn't for me.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, the LF collection is something that I will never desire or covet. Price-wise, I would never be comfortable paying for sunglasses/opticals in that range and the ornamentation isn't my style, especially with the horses, cawing bald eagles, etc.. It's kind of tacky imo. I enjoy something more refined, elegant, and classic. That being said, there is something for everyone, I hope those who were anticipating this drop were able to find what they were looking for. The shape of the Mojave and Belvedere are fun though.

No shade on the LF collection or its admirers, just giving my input on how it isn't for me.
Thats OK we’re a broad church. Life would be boring if everyone liked the same thing. Plus getting limited editions would be that much harder!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's ordering coffee
I'm ordn coffee
I look up and notice ichikawa
Me : nice frames
Her : thanks
Me : jmm?
Her : yes omg how did you know
Me: well I dabble a bit , those are the ichikawa right
Her-eyes widen : omg yes you're good
I smile
Her : I just found out about them and I've been in fashion all my life , look here the stamp on the arm
Me: that the artisan that made your frames ( purely talking out of my a**)
She's in awe
I grab my coffee and sit down and really go about my business
She passes by dops her card on my table: give me a call sometime

THATS HOW YOU START A TUESDAY!

I genuinely can't tell if this is satire

joseph240

Reaction score
As promised some pics of my new JMM Earl Pacific + measurements, which hopefully will help you in making your own decision in buying this pair. The guy in the pic is Eric from 1269 (after a few drinks last night :), not me. He usually wears Ashcroft as has a smaller face.

The Earl Pacific #1.jpg
Earl Pacific #2.jpg
Earl Pacific #3.jpg
Eearl Pacific Fit.jpg

obecity

Reaction score
I genuinely can't tell if this is satire
I think it’s the real deal, not satire. He unintentionally scored the digits of a random chickie without even trying based on a JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) conversation. That feller still has some mad game despite being married. I say bravo. (Just don’t use the digits.)

verver

Reaction score
Gah, really like the Mojave but may be too narrow based on measurements. Anyone tried them on and thoughts?

obecity

Reaction score
Gah, really like the Mojave but may be too narrow based on measurements. Anyone tried them on and thoughts?
I find this trend towards narrow frames in the brand to be unsettling. JMM should have a minimum width of 147 and go up from there. Wide frames fit fat faces and look stylishly oversized for the small to normal sized faces our there too.

Pureneat

Reaction score
I find this trend towards narrow frames in the brand to be unsettling. JMM should have a minimum width of 147 and go up from there. Wide frames fit fat faces and look stylishly oversized for the small to normal sized faces our there too.
Au contraire(French)…… us normal sized bonces(English) prefer the right-sized fit. I think in days of yor(English) Jacques leaned towards the larger model, but latterly I think there’s something for everyone.

obecity

Reaction score
Au contraire(French)…… us normal sized bonces(English) prefer the right-sized fit. I think in days of yor(English) Jacques leaned towards the larger model, but latterly I think there’s something for everyone.
Not sure what all that means. All I know is that the selection of size-appropriate frames to choose from for me is drastically diminished, and I don’t like that. I feel cast aside.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also my feeling. All those showy embellishments are not my taste. Actually I would pay those prices, bur for something differently exclusive, as massive gold or platinum, for example.

mc111

Reaction score

Buyer beware when dealing with Ottica Sas Di Baiocco Paolo Italy. https://otticabaiocco.it/
I Purchased a pair of glasses more than a week ago and no Tracking number and no contact what so ever. Five emails unanswered and numerous phone calls where they claim not to understand English and simply hang up the phone. Its with Paypal resolutions now and waiting for a refund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads