• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inis Meain knitwear

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is great - thanks so much for providing all of this info and archival material. Time to send a mail order into Columbia Yarns!

ha well just to say the pattern is older .

but , fwiw , i found that yarn catalog / manual with a bunch of depression-era skeins of deadstock yarn ! can send a couple your way lol

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question for the IM experts here: I bought this alpaca piece used a couple of years ago for like $75 from somewhere random and, out of more than 20 IM pieces--all of which have cost quite a bit more--it has become my favorite. Does anyone know what this is called? It's obviously related to currently existing styles, but doesn't seem to have the same fit (or exactly the same design) as anything similar available now. Fit is extremely boxy with one large dropped chest pocket.

In short, I'd love to find one or two more of these in different colors and/or fabrics, and knowing the style name might help in that search.
View attachment 1783633
I like the style as well. I have an IM piece that I also bought used. Similar style but silk/alpaca. I'm either a L or XL in IM. This one is a XL and unfortunately too big. I wish it were a size smaller.

IMG_7438.jpg
IMG_7439.jpg

Phinis

Reaction score
Sphere One x Inis Meáin 'New Fisherman' sweater I These were a standout from a couple of seasons back and are sold out everywhere at this stage. Cost an insane amount even for Inis Meáin. Stored in a wool box ever since. These run a little on the smaller side, and definitely fit more like a standard Size L in Inis Meáin.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 378
Last edited by a moderator:

Phinis

Reaction score
anyone own both the linenstitch seamless tunic and the regular linen tunic? wonder how they compare
Yup. Im a Size L in the regular linen tunic, but learned the hard way that I’m a Size M in the linenstitch. The linenstitch is much lighter, and the arms are quite flowy, hence the size down recommendation. Its really beautiful, but delicate, so would be careful taking it on and off or you could risk a tear to the underarm.

goalaso

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Aran Cable knit hoodie sizing? There don't seem to be any for men on the Inis site, and external sellers don't have clear measurements or sizing info. Would this be true to size, slim, or oversized? I've never worn any Inis irl.

Phinis

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Aran Cable knit hoodie sizing? There don't seem to be any for men on the Inis site, and external sellers don't have clear measurements or sizing info. Would this be true to size, slim, or oversized? I've never worn any Inis irl.

I would say true to size with 90% of Inis Meain products. I would strongly suspect this is the case here based on my experiences. The Aran cashmere zipper sweater on their website is probably a direct match (minus the hood).

jl9377

Reaction score

Can confirm the hoodie fits true to size and a little loose, not oversized though. Similar fit to the crewneck

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd Snyder has Inis Meain on sale plus an additional 30%. Been wanting to check out the Carpenter jacket and at this price it's a steal.

A2110_GR02_2934_R_2000x.jpg

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd Snyder has Inis Meain on sale plus an additional 30%. Been wanting to check out the Carpenter jacket and at this price it's a steal.
Thanks for the heads up. Been watching this as well. How'd you end up sizing it?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Been watching this as well. How'd you end up sizing it?
I've worn both Large and XL IM pieces. XL was sold out so I went with a L in the green Carpenter jacket. Set to arrive today so I have my fingers crossed. I don't think it's returnable but at such a steep discount I should be able to pass the savings along to someone else and recoup my cost if it doesn't work out.

Phinis

Reaction score
I've worn both Large and XL IM pieces. XL was sold out so I went with a L in the green Carpenter jacket. Set to arrive today so I have my fingers crossed. I don't think it's returnable but at such a steep discount I should be able to pass the savings along to someone else and recoup my cost if it doesn't work out.
You will be fine with the L in my experience, the carpenter jackets are a little roomier/longer in the arms that most IM Ls.

AlexS

Reaction score
intricate knit grey in Cashmere & wool and another Purple Mairtin Beag in Purple.

Attachments

• 20211108_172459.jpg
    20211108_172459.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 20211108_171306.jpg
    20211108_171306.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 104

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them