• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hellen Obiri giving a talk to the running club at my kids’ school.

IMG_6543.jpeg

And running with my oldest and some of his classmates.

IMG_6545.jpeg

Last edited:

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been posting much but have been getting back into some racing. There's a local Tuesday night race series that I went to last week and this week; managed to get into the breakaway both times and got 5th and 2nd so feeling pretty good. I also did a bigger circuit race last weekend which was 2 hour and 54miles so pretty tough, faded in the field sprint and got 15th. Overall feeling strong again though despite lower training volume and have been trying to be more tactical in races. Still put out my best 1 hour power on Tuesday, 353w actual and 382w normalized.

(I'm in the black jersey/bibs)

Attachments

• P1-LOG02477-ARW-X5.jpg
    P1-LOG02477-ARW-X5.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 20

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't been posting much but have been getting back into some racing. There's a local Tuesday night race series that I went to last week and this week; managed to get into the breakaway both times and got 5th and 2nd so feeling pretty good. I also did a bigger circuit race last weekend which was 2 hour and 54miles so pretty tough, faded in the field sprint and got 15th. Overall feeling strong again though despite lower training volume and have been trying to be more tactical in races. Still put out my best 1 hour power on Tuesday, 353w actual and 382w normalized.

(I'm in the black jersey/bibs)
These numbers are just wild. The longest I’ve sustained 353w is 1m27s!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I did 15 whole minutes on the elliptical this morning and my surgical wound only bled a little bit directly in the center of the big divot where the skin hasn't knitted together yet directly over my tibia.

Progress.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.5 miles cycling and 3.3 running today.

Also, a throwback pic from nine years ago today to my second fastest marathon, and soaking in the Eel River afterwards.

IMG_6594.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I headed out of the garage on my Rock Lobster only to not be able to shift… one of the pulleys on the rear derailleur is broken.

So anyway, I rode 14 miles on my mountain bike to pick up the Suburban at the dealer (the work was covered under warranty!), on gravel and paved paths. I even discovered a park I hadn’t been to that’s pretty cool.

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg

Last edited:

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was 90 min at 8:30 pace on a hilly course and it felt so easy and I was able to keep my HR down even though I only slept three hours before.

Today was 40 min warm up, 6x20 second sprints, and 10 min cooldown, and it felt like absolute death, even though I got plenty of sleep.

Getting older means the ratio of days I feel good to days I feel bad has plummeted.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an hour ish before rain was coming and so I asked Strava for a 20 mile loop. Didn’t realize I had to check paved and it gave me 4 miles of gravel (0.75 of which was really a hiking trail and I had to walk). Of course it started raining as I got back to tarmac so I got soaked. Road bike with 30 inch tires, fortunately. Thing is filthy now but I couldn’t bring myself to wash in the rain just wanted a shower.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr. Dylan Sebastian