• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basu13

Reaction score
Today's evening walk, breaking in the saddle tan diesels.

IMG_20230415_000852.jpg

goodyearmelt

Reaction score
Have a question for all you leather experts out there - I got a pretty unsightly stain on my fairly new Natural Minerva Edward boot when out to dinner last night - either stepped in a dirty puddle (I doubt it, as I was trying to avoid them) or had a coke or something dark drip on me during dinner.

I know some of you may say to leave it, it's part of its patina journey etc but...I don't like the way the stain looks on my otherwise immaculate boot lol. Any recommendations on how to get this out? I tried rubbing the stain with a damp cloth and while it seems to have made it a bit lighter, it also slightly discolored some of the leather around the stain. Would you guys recommend saddle soap? Or Saphir leather cleaner? Something else? If possible I would love for the leather to change color/ darken as little as possible. Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230416_233856445.jpg
    PXL_20230416_233856445.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20230417_150624129.jpg
    PXL_20230417_150624129.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 100

mr bubbles

Reaction score
Have a question for all you leather experts out there - I got a pretty unsightly stain on my fairly new Natural Minerva Edward boot when out to dinner last night - either stepped in a dirty puddle (I doubt it, as I was trying to avoid them) or had a coke or something dark drip on me during dinner.

I know some of you may say to leave it, it's part of its patina journey etc but...I don't like the way the stain looks on my otherwise immaculate boot lol. Any recommendations on how to get this out? I tried rubbing the stain with a damp cloth and while it seems to have made it a bit lighter, it also slightly discolored some of the leather around the stain. Would you guys recommend saddle soap? Or Saphir leather cleaner? Something else? If possible I would love for the leather to change color/ darken as little as possible. Thanks!
Not sure on the solution to this. Maybe a little saddle soap on the spot and then recondition with a neutral solution. Nice boots nonetheless. More pics? :)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That looks more like oil than a puddle. Try putting cornstarch on it and leave it on there a few days (sooner the better). I just pour it straight out of the container and coat the area. It should draw some of the oil out, then you could use a conditioner to try to even it out more.

goodyearmelt

Reaction score
That looks more like oil than a puddle. Try putting cornstarch on it and leave it on there a few days (sooner the better). I just pour it straight out of the container and coat the area. It should draw some of the oil out, then you could use a conditioner to try to even it out more.
Like....dry corn starch? Or a corn starch + water mixture? Because otherwise, how would it stay on the shoe?

ifticar2

Reaction score
Right on. Do you get any foot fatigue/pain after wearing your boots for the day? I have a pair of 1000 mile and Thursday boots, and while they can get a little taxing after a while, they're not nearly as punishing as the Diesel.
That makes sense if your foot isn't used to leather insoles because neither of those boots have them. Thursday Boots have a poron insole, with a foam sockliner, and a crepe midsole. It uses lots of synthetics in the construction to minimize break in, and have a more sneaker like feel.

1000 miles comes with Poron insoles that are wrapped in leather. Again, will have a much easier break in, but both boots are nowhere near as durable because of the synthetics.

The all leather construction is definitely an acquired taste. I'm so used to it by now, that I consider leather insoles very comfortable. There definitely is a tough break in period, and leather insoles might not be right for everyone. With the disel, it's also has a leather midsole on top of the sole, which makes it even stiffer to start.

If you still want to explore grant stone, I'd recommend trying out the traveler loafer. I have a pair in Dune CXL, and it's my favorite pair of footwear. The loafer has a more flexible leather sole, and no midsole, so the break in should be easier if you size properly.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys. With the current market how much can I expect to sell my Grant Stone Edward Maduro Shell and Diesel Saddle Tans in Europe? They are still in good condition (a year old but not frequently worn). 60% of the original price?

cprstyle

Reaction score
Hi guys. With the current market how much can I expect to sell my Grant Stone Edward Maduro Shell and Diesel Saddle Tans in Europe? They are still in good condition (a year old but not frequently worn). 60% of the original price?
I’ve sold Grant Stones usually about 60% of retail, however these were only worn 10-20 times total and appeared virtually new. A lot depends on the buyer and interest. The cheaper you price them, the faster you sell. If you want more out of them, you may have to wait for someone who really wants that specific shoe.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, my second pair of GS after trying their brass boot and I was pretty impressed.

Always a fan of veg tanned leather and seeing the Edward on sale for almost $100 off I decided to give them a try. They sent me the wrong size but quickly exchanged them once I pointed out their error.

I found the leather to be a bit dry and decided to speed up the patina process by oiling the leather. I think they look great and I have greatly decreased the chance of staining as dry leather absorbs everything.

For $300 I think these are a great boot. I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out but I figured at that price, I could take a risk. Wore them to the office today.

IMG_20230419_215735092.jpg
IMG_20230419_215739152.jpg
IMG_20230419_215753050.jpg
IMG_20230419_215810123_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics