• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crompton loafers for Date Night!

Rota Grey Cavalry_Sozzi Blue_G&G Crompton Rioja Hatch Grain_left.jpg

Lebao

Reaction score
Hi anyone applying the December MTO fee waiver on any GG MTO orders yet? Have not ordered GG MTO before and wonder if that’s a 50% deposit or full pay in advance. If anyone find out how to apply the MTO fee waiver when ordering, please let me know, as the GG didn’t respond to my email about those question yet. 🥹

papado

Reaction score
Hi anyone applying the December MTO fee waiver on any GG MTO orders yet? Have not ordered GG MTO before and wonder if that’s a 50% deposit or full pay in advance. If anyone find out how to apply the MTO fee waiver when ordering, please let me know, as the GG didn’t respond to my email about those question yet. 🥹

I believe the fee waiver is only via an email order with the store/sales staff, not via the MTO tool online. If you've emailed the G&G email (i think it's the sales@G&G one in the emails) they should respond and get you sorted out. Additionally they do allow you to pay for 50% deposit (I did it with my last order) but not sure if there's some sort of minimum needed--just email them once they respond and you go through with more details say you'd like to do the 50% deposit vs pay 100% upfront and you should be all set.

Lebao

Reaction score
I believe the fee waiver is only via an email order with the store/sales staff, not via the MTO tool online. If you've emailed the G&G email (i think it's the sales@G&G one in the emails) they should respond and get you sorted out. Additionally they do allow you to pay for 50% deposit (I did it with my last order) but not sure if there's some sort of minimum needed--just email them once they respond and you go through with more details say you'd like to do the 50% deposit vs pay 100% upfront and you should be all set.
Thank you Mr.P for all those info! 50% deposit sound really cool to me, I can even order more pairs for this Christmas. 😍💸😭 But how would you say GG sales team respond to emails? I sent the email like 4 days ago and radio silent so far.

papado

Reaction score
Thank you Mr.P for all those info! 50% deposit sound really cool to me, I can even order more pairs for this Christmas. 😍💸😭 But how would you say GG sales team respond to emails? I sent the email like 4 days ago and radio silent so far.

Normally they're pretty good at responding in a day or so--you can probably follow-up and check in.

Lebao

Reaction score
Hi gents, coming back to ask for advices from the much experienced members on this thread. I need some advice on the leather/patina selections and any advice is welcomed.

I am planning to get 3 MTOs from GG this month as they have no MTO charges, two models out of the three I am already certain: the Gatsby on Deco Square and Grendon on TG73. The last model I am deciding between a wingtip(Rennie), spectator (Astaire) or a monk (Oakham).

But my main concern has been the performance of leather between GG patina crust(?) leather and regular vintage colored leathers. I know that GG patina fade away after a while, but does the patina leather tends to crease more and in a less visually pleasant manner?

Okay, for the three models, please let me know what would be your color/patina recommendation. I am more intending to Dark Vintage Rioja on the Gatsby, but I saw a friend who has the Gatsby in Autumn Falls/Leaves(?) patina and it is so daxn unique! For the Grendon, I am more intending to Vintage Oak. For the Oakham/Astaire/Rennie, let me know which model/color would you think would be ideal for a college student/junior worker.

Much thanks! 😊

Attachments

• IMG_0226.png
    IMG_0226.png
    749 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0219.png
    IMG_0219.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0225.png
    IMG_0225.png
    412.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0146.png
    IMG_0146.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0147.png
    IMG_0147.png
    773.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0134.png
    IMG_0134.png
    1 MB · Views: 388

andreasky

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of G&G split toe derby in hatch grain to post?
How does this leather ages on the apron/pie crust?

Thank you

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Apologies if this has already been answered, but how is the sizing in the classics collection?

I’m a UK 8 in EG and G&G typically, and 7.5UK in C&J. But since the classic collection runs wider, should I go for 7.5UK?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member