• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fancy black derbies with jeans? Yes please. Deco Wilde in black calf for a busy telework day...

G&G Wilde_Edwin jeans_Sozzi houndstooth socks 2.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear friends, I’ve uploaded a few Gaziano & girling & Edward green loafers to the buy & sell. I think they’re pretty fairly priced. If you’re interested, dm me.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Does G&G still do repairs? I sent a note through the central mailbox and nothing.
There’s nothing about repairs on their website . I once sent a pair direct to Dean Girling but that was before they had a shop. If I needed a repair I’d call the shop to ask what to do.

Lebao

Reaction score
Good morning, dear SF members! I just received an email from Gaziano Girling teams informing us that there will be MTO Wavier applied to all models on their website. That’s a saving of 395 pound or over 500 dollar for your Christmas! Just email the team and request the MTO waiver before placing your order.
IMG_0163.png

Lebao

Reaction score
Beside this good news, I also have a very humble question about sizing. I personally don’t own any GG shoes. Actually just starting from last week, I was talking to Michael on GG sales team for size advice on the RTWs, the iconic St.James II in TG73 and the Rothschild in DG70. I also want to get a Deco Gatsby in DARK vintage Rioja on the Deco square last which I saw a member posted before. Looks like now I have to change my plan and get only one of the RTW in order to get the Deco MTO.
IMG_0134.png

Lebao

Reaction score
I have shoes mostly U.K 9E CJs, J.Fitz and EZ or U.K 9.5E in EGs. The biggest problem I have with RTW shoes is the length and heel slippery. I am an Asian, as you guys might know, Asian feet tend to have high insteps and wide forefoot in the front while smaller heels in the back. I just passed my 20th birthday and maintained a good body shape. So I consider myself to have regular to even lower instep and regular width.
Most U.K 9.0E or EG 9.5E, in 82 last, I own are a little loose while the U.K 8.5E is a bit snug, the only exception is the EG Dover in EG 9.0E/U.K8.5E, the fitting in length is so perfectly hugging that made me feel like bespoke.
Michael on GG sales actually recommend me to take a GG 9.0F, I think that make some sense. My final size should be between GG9.0F or GG9.5E or GG9.5F. What you think, SF members?
Below I will attach some photos of my EG fittings, I have EG Chelsea U.K9.5E in 82 last, length is a half a finger longer while the width is comfortable. I also have the EG Dover U.K 9.0E in 606 last, the length is PERFECT and it fits like gloves. However, Dover is a derby and I am not sure if that is a good reference for the Oxfords.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0148.jpeg
    IMG_0148.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 139

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have shoes mostly U.K 9E CJs, J.Fitz and EZ or U.K 9.5E in EGs. The biggest problem I have with RTW shoes is the length and heel slippery. I am an Asian, as you guys might know, Asian feet tend to have high insteps and wide forefoot in the front while smaller heels in the back. I just passed my 20th birthday and maintained a good body shape. So I consider myself to have regular to even lower instep and regular width.
Most U.K 9.0E or EG 9.5E, in 82 last, I own are a little loose while the U.K 8.5E is a bit snug, the only exception is the EG Dover in EG 9.0E/U.K8.5E, the fitting in length is so perfectly hugging that made me feel like bespoke.
Michael on GG sales actually recommend me to take a GG 9.0F, I think that make some sense. My final size should be between GG9.0F or GG9.5E or GG9.5F. What you think, SF members?
Below I will attach some photos of my EG fittings, I have EG Chelsea U.K9.5E in 82 last, length is a half a finger longer while the width is comfortable. I also have the EG Dover U.K 9.0E in 606 last, the length is PERFECT and it fits like gloves. However, Dover is a derby and I am not sure if that is a good reference for the Oxfords.

I think that Gaziano & Girling and Edward Green have a similar sizing, unlike John Lobb and Crocket & Jones, who have "big" sizes, comparable between them both, and require a downsizing.
Of course, one need to consider the last as well, but if you wear 9 1/2 EG, I would go for 9 1/2 GG too.

papado

Reaction score

I'd go with their recommendation of 9F (which I'm also the same in G&G). When I ordered my MTOs at the earlier trunk show in US they offered to make a pair of trial shoes (150 GBP I believe) so I could confirm fit before going through with the order; I'd recommend you do the same. G&G are a tad bit narrower than EG so even though the 9E UK worded on the dover, I don't think a 9E G&G will be comfortable enough for you.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Heck of a deal for anyone who is a size 6E. Wore these only a few times with a leather insole added, so the cork bed is still brand new.

Attachments

• IMG_3107.jpeg
    IMG_3107.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 177

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics