• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find the waffle knit cardigan to be just a more fitted style rather than a sizing difference. It's more Stark like if that makes sense.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Just received the Suede Ballcap in Snuff Suede... really awesome hat, think I'll end up wearing it a lot. Instantly my favorite baseball cap.

Solid construction, suede feels/looks great (excellent shade of snuff). Nice shape as well. Just really well done!

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Was there any word on when the 5-panel caps would drop this week and when the shirting EFF is happening? I'm curious to know if there are any heavyweight flannels in the mix.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
WAFFLE KNIT CARDIGAN

Hey guys,

Finally back in the States - was a crazy trip to Portugal last week! Lots of things to share with you in the next few days.

First off, let me apologize for the Waffle Knits. Looking at the photos, it's clear that you're right - they did indeed make up too small. This was a new shape for us and for Northern Watters. We approved a single fit sample (size 38) and then asked them to sale it along with the Heirloom shape. There were going to be differences given the different designs, but the idea was that a customer would take more or less the same size in both of them. It's clear that didn't happen.

Plenty of you guys are long-standing customers and are completely familiar with our fits, so you should expect to have a sweater with the correct size. Let's get that fixed for you. Here's what I can do:

1) I'll put together an email to all of the waffle knit customers. They'll be a google form that you can fill in the sweater that you bought, and what size you need. You can make extra notes for modifications there, and even go up by two sizes if you want

2) Send your sweater back to our Manhattan store.

3) I'll work to get Northern Watters to replace them within the next month. Should be possible to do, there aren't that many units to contend with. We sold a lot more in the existing Heirloom shape.

4) We'll send out the sheet tomorrow and ask for it to be completed by the weekend. That way I can get the order to them first thing Monday and they can put it into work and block out the needed yarn colors.

Thanks for bearing with us. I'd honestly have a claim to return all of the sweaters to Northern Watters for a refund, but they're a true mom and pop business, and I'd hate to stick them with a bunch of inventory, even if the problem was on their side. We'll hold onto the smaller sweaters and figure something out down the road. I'll shoot out this email to all of the preorder customers tomorrow, and we'll get that fix going ASAP. My apologies again.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received the Suede Ballcap in Snuff Suede... really awesome hat, think I'll end up wearing it a lot. Instantly my favorite baseball cap.

Solid construction, suede feels/looks great (excellent shade of snuff). Nice shape as well. Just really well done!

@AloysiusSF excellent, really glad that you're pleased with it! I really love my hat too, and that color is boss. This is going to be a thing for us.

Was there any word on when the 5-panel caps would drop this week and when the shirting EFF is happening? I'm curious to know if there are any heavyweight flannels in the mix.

@notwithit shirting EFF will be on Thursday, and yes... we have a ridiculous amount of flannels. I know what you guys like, and you won't be disappointed. This will have the best selection and the best prices of anything that we've ever done.

For the 5-panel hats, they're a unisex style, so we've got them shot on Peter and on Stacy London. Still waiting on Stacy's pics for the official launch. But I can build them out online and put them into a private category. I'll link them here and you guys can pick on up if you dig any of them. The sand suede color is really rad.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is great Mike. I wait for the form to get sent, but is it possible for me to drop off the sweater at the LES shop?

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAFFLE KNIT CARDIGAN

Hey guys,

Finally back in the States - was a crazy trip to Portugal last week! Lots of things to share with you in the next few days.

First off, let me apologize for the Waffle Knits. Looking at the photos, it's clear that you're right - they did indeed make up too small. This was a new shape for us and for Northern Watters. We approved a single fit sample (size 38) and then asked them to sale it along with the Heirloom shape. There were going to be differences given the different designs, but the idea was that a customer would take more or less the same size in both of them. It's clear that didn't happen.

Plenty of you guys are long-standing customers and are completely familiar with our fits, so you should expect to have a sweater with the correct size. Let's get that fixed for you. Here's what I can do:

1) I'll put together an email to all of the waffle knit customers. They'll be a google form that you can fill in the sweater that you bought, and what size you need. You can make extra notes for modifications there, and even go up by two sizes if you want

3) I'll work to get Northern Watters to replace them within the next month. Should be possible to do, there aren't that many units to contend with. We sold a lot more in the existing Heirloom shape.

4) We'll send out the sheet tomorrow and ask for it to be completed by the weekend. That way I can get the order to them first thing Monday and they can put it into work and block out the needed yarn colors.

Thanks for bearing with us. I'd honestly have a claim to return all of the sweaters to Northern Watters for a refund, but they're a true mom and pop business, and I'd hate to stick them with a bunch of inventory, even if the problem was on their side. We'll hold onto the smaller sweaters and figure something out down the road. I'll shoot out this email to all of the preorder customers tomorrow, and we'll get that fix going ASAP. My apologies again.
For us Canadians, would it be easier to send it to NW directly if the fit is off or should we still send it to Manhattan? I honestly dont know what would be cheaper since shipping within Canada is pretty bonkers. But here's hoping I don't have an issue.

kidamerica17

Reaction score
WAFFLE KNIT CARDIGAN

Hey guys,

What should customers who received an email saying their waffle knit sweaters were in stock, paid the balance and then received an email a week later saying the sweater wasn't actually in stock do? It's been paid for but hasn't arrived so it's not clear if it will fit or not.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing CS Mike, much appreciated. Would it be possible to post out the dimensions (beyond x-large)? I vaguely remember seeing them before, but cannot seem to locate now. I'd like to compare the dimensions against some of my better fitting RRL cardigans when swapping this waffle knit out

thank you!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member