• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 18

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for a pair of FW18 EG Andover pants in the Black Big Plaid to arrive (from Notre in Chicago), as well as a bag in the Red Big Plaid (from Neighbour in Vancouver)... but I'm really looking for a jacket of some kind in the Big Red or Big Black Plaid, but S and even M size jackets of all kind now seem to be totally sold out everywhere.

Update: except one place! After trawling literally every EG dealer with a website in the world, I found an S size Andover jacket in Black Big Plaid at Today Clothing in Ann Arbor, the last one they had and with an (unadvertised) end of season discount as well...

Mission complete.

Last edited:

besbesbes

Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub, have always been wondering what’s the deal with some of EG retailers not selling it online, but rather via phone/mail order (like you guys do). Is it some contractual restriction? Why do you sell Needles than? Does Nepethes offer different terms for their brands?
Can you shed some light please?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub, have always been wondering what’s the deal with some of EG retailers not selling it online, but rather via phone/mail order (like you guys do). Is it some contractual restriction? Why do you sell Needles than? Does Nepethes offer different terms for their brands?
Can you shed some light please?
It is just part of the agreement with the brand. If I’m correct, some other stores were sort of grandfathered in, in a way, to being able to sell it straight online. But yep, just contractual. Needles is all good to go. I will say it’s kind of cool, I’ve made some EG friends just from y’all having to call in to place the order.

johnH1234

Reaction score
Has anyone every tried washing a non-cotton bedford (specifically, this season’s grey homespun) to shrink it up a bit? I’ve only had cotton bedfords until now and usually do a wash/dry to get the fit right.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
Has anyone every tried washing a non-cotton bedford (specifically, this season’s grey homespun) to shrink it up a bit? I’ve only had cotton bedfords until now and usually do a wash/dry to get the fit right.

That's a risky move. Rarely do garments shrink proportionally in all areas. You could easily ruin it. Your best move is to take it to a tailor, unless the whole thing is just too big, in which case, just size down.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is just part of the agreement with the brand. If I’m correct, some other stores were sort of grandfathered in, in a way, to being able to sell it straight online. But yep, just contractual. Needles is all good to go. I will say it’s kind of cool, I’ve made some EG friends just from y’all having to call in to place the order.

This is more work for y'all but could y'all update stock online for EG stuff as it's sold? Some pieces it seems you do it and some pieces you don't — if I know a size is available I'm usually way more likely to contact the store to buy, but if I don't see any sizes, I usually don't bother contacting at all. Also, I thought EG got rid of all that online-only bullshit... even newer stores seem to sell it online?

-----

SS is looking boring to me, but I often feel that way with EG SS. I dunno, it feels like we see the same stuff over and over (floral prints in the same colorways, military cotton cloths). I'm never enamored by any pieces like I am with FW (This season's loiter corduroy set was amazing).

SS15 is probably the only SS season I like. SS18 wasn't bad with the bright, surfer vibes.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
This is more work for y'all but could y'all update stock online for EG stuff as it's sold? Some pieces it seems you do it and some pieces you don't — if I know a size is available I'm usually way more likely to contact the store to buy, but if I don't see any sizes, I usually don't bother contacting at all. Also, I thought EG got rid of all that online-only bullshit... even newer stores seem to sell it online?

-----

SS is looking boring to me, but I often feel that way with EG SS. I dunno, it feels like we see the same stuff over and over (floral prints in the same colorways, military cotton cloths). I'm never enamored by any pieces like I am with FW (This season's loiter corduroy set was amazing).

SS15 is probably the only SS season I like. SS18 wasn't bad with the bright, surfer vibes.

I think that the patchwork stuff looks really cool.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ss18 was my most heavily bought eg season aside from 15 which I loved.

I’m feeling you re the SS floral rehash but they still get me like a sucker everytime.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
SS18 was great, I agree. The camp collar shirts were at their peak. I love those patchwork Bedfords too, evol. A welcomed twist on a classic, one might say.

Has anyone seen the chambray/denim patchwork Bedford for sale anywhere?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting, I just checked the website to see what you meant. I see how some EG products the sizes aren't showing - I'm letting our team know. Certainly shouldn't be happening, but we're in the middle of a rehaul of sorts to the website. thanks for letting me know! I'll manually adjust them to keep them proper until we get it sorted out.

zunker

Reaction score
I’ve successfully shrunk a woollen baker like that but homespun is i think a mix of natural and synthetic fibres so that might be a factor (you might find the wool shrinks and the synthetic doesn’t, messing up the whole thing). I got half an inch off the length and sleeve, and it worked out fine, but it was 100 percent wool.

besbesbes

Reaction score
FW19 lookbook should be out real soon too.
69A13047-5D55-4F19-AB4B-F5B5C4DCD462.png

aiur

Reaction score
I’ve successfully shrunk a woollen baker like that but homespun is i think a mix of natural and synthetic fibres so that might be a factor (you might find the wool shrinks and the synthetic doesn’t, messing up the whole thing). I got half an inch off the length and sleeve, and it worked out fine, but it was 100 percent wool.

I did that on a homespun bedford and it messed up the jacket so bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads