• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 17

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys size down on the Highland Parka? Is it oversized enough to do so? I know fishtails are supposed to fit big, but there's one I want in an XS, and wondering if any of y'all have sized down without issues like shoulders or sleeve length.

El QUaG

Reaction score
Sizing down worked for me and I have long arms (from Medium to a Small). No issues with shoulder width at all.

blue peter

Reaction score
Awww nuts...I ordered a Highland Parka (melton) in M and I'm usually a M in most EG. Hope it works!

In my experience, as for others, the Highland Parka fits both true to size and also a size down - all depends on what makes you feel more comfortable. as has been mentioned fishtail parkas are traditionally oversized and loose, plenty of room for layers. anyone who knows the history of the jacket and how it's been styled since the 60s knows a looser fit is just fine - so try it on, see how you like the fit; look to the shoulder seems for a good gauge!

Tomato

Reaction score
Just confirming what everyone else is saying, I got an olive one in Small last year when I was wearing mostly Medium's, and have since transitioned to wearing mostly Large. The Small highland parka still fits me, albeit barely (the shoulders fit TTS to my normal Large sizing) so I can still wear it with no extra layers pretty easily. The arms are a bit short for me though. I do wish I had a larger size now that I've bumped my sizing up but it goes to show how oversized it is if I can still wear a Small while wearing Large's for most all my other EG stuff.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
To be one more data point, I have the Highland in TTS at a large and its amazing. One of my favorite pieces, its gloriously oversized and sits on me really well. With just a t-shirt on its big a billowy, but I can also fit practically anything underneath it. If you're looking for a 'shaped" fit, then this isn't the piece for you. I could have easily gone down a size, but am very happy with my choice, glad I stuck TTS.

Aksel SB

Reaction score
I usually agree, but i can't deal with sleeves that are too long. I wear my fatigues one size up, shirts a bit big, jackets as well but i just get really annoyed when a jacket or shirt has sleeves that are too long. I'm between small and medium, and recently ordered a highland parka in small. I think that'll be fine.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought fw17 trousers yet? Eg ground pant or benson pant.. the waist measurements are looking really small for the size small. May need to size up on those but wanted to ask for advice

besbesbes

Reaction score
Has anyone bought fw17 trousers yet? Eg ground pant or benson pant.. the waist measurements are looking really small for the size small. May need to size up on those but wanted to ask for advice
My benson just arrived. I always wear size L or 36 in EG pants and bensons in L work just fine. So I say they are TTS.

besbesbes

Reaction score
Any comments on the corduroy baker? Curious to hear about sizing, typically a 40"ish, thinking a medium would fit.
So I finally got my hands on Baker jacket, that arrived from Belfast.
I ordered both L and XL and have to return L one back as it was way too snug for me. I wear almost everything else of EG in size L (including Bedford), so was hoping a Baker would work as well, but not.
I sugget to size up unles you are real slim.
An XL works just like a jacket should, no oversize feel whatsoever.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wonder if you paid for that bedford unlike the one you bought from me and charged back that i had to chase paypal down for.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member