• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you eat turtle?

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in Saigon I took shots of fresh turtles blood and ate its beating heart. I was wasted.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eat Japanese Suppon turtle maybe several times a year. It`s supposed to give men more power
laugh.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had turtles for pets as a child and I could never eat one. Purely personal though, I have no problems with others eating them.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
I had and enjoyed turtle soup once in Chicago. Haven't found it anywhere else, but I'd definitely try other variations.

Speaking of variations, this title of this thread reminded me of the scene from Spartacus:

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat oysters?
Antoninus: When I have them, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat snails?
Antoninus: No, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to be immoral?
Antoninus: No, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: Of course not. It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?
Antoninus: Yes, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: And taste is not the same as appetite, and therefore not a question of morals.
Antoninus: It could be argued so, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: My robe, Antoninus. My taste includes both snails and oysters.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My white trash side of the family ate it all the time. I remember Thanksgiving one year: turtle, squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, channel catfish. There was probably some road-kill in there somewhere.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only turtle soup... once at K. Paul's in NoLa, and once at Central in DC on Mardi Gras.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I had turtles for pets as a child and I could never eat one. Purely personal though, I have no problems with others eating them.

You too? I had one turtle as a pet. Let him roam in the basement sink. When he expired my pappy tossed him into the neighbourhood lake.

Peon

Reaction score
I ate sea turtle when i was younger, taste "ok" but meat is really dark red like horse..
deadhorse-a.gif

I ate also oppossum, and cats, i remember cats got "bluish, green" color to their rib bones.
biggrin.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ate braised turtle stew in clay pot in my usual Chinese restaurant place couple of times. Not really liking it, and its not because I feel sorry for the turtle, but because I don't like the way its cooked.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Like the tread title says: do you eat turtle?

No way! My partents retired to Sugar Land, TX. I went to visit and we went to Fungs Kitchen. They had a turtle swimming in with the fish. I bought the poor little guy and set him free in the pond behind my parents house. It made me feel good
biggrin.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate turtle soup when I was young and had no idea what it was. I wouldn't be able to eat it now though, since I have two as pets
biggrin.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's cooked right, I'd sure as heck eat it. But, I might feel a bit guilty afterward because they're such docile animals.

Wait a minute, what am I saying? I love eating cows.

I take that back, somebody get be an order of fried turtle nuggets.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM