• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler/shoe repair - Michigan

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Hi, I tried searching different combinations of words but I couldn't find anything that addressed this. Where do the Michigan member's get their shoes repaired? I need to get some rubber soles put on my leather shoes and would like to go to someone that will take care of my shoes! I'm in the Detroit area. Thanks in advance!

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Frank's on Old Woodward in Birmingham. I've never been, but I know people who use him.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
thanks, i guess they got in the detnews for michigan's best 2005 shoe service place
mb20-franks-0405y.jpg
blackdot.gif
Best solace for the sole Frank’s Shoe Service 360 S. Old Woodward Ave., Birmingham (248) 647-3530 Second place: Cobbler’s Corner of Livonia 33493 7 Mile Rd., Livonia (248) 474-9134 Third place: Said Shoe Repair 507 W. 9 Mile Rd., Ferndale (248) 542-0664 wasn't sure if i should trust that or not.

chas

Reaction score
I can vouch for Frank's. I now live in NYC but grew up in Michigan. My first job was at Frank's Shoe Repair. I was 14 and worked there for a few hours after school for two years. I was shocked to see a picture of Frank Jr. in the back of the shop on this forum. These guys know what they are doing and I can tell you from experience that your shoes will be in good hands.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a native Detroiter, I live and work in Birmingham, and unfortunately have to tell you that there are no top notch shoe repair places in town. I have tried out Frank's and another one inside the plaza at Maple & Telegraph, and while they talk a good game, the work is mediocre at best. I take my wife's shoes there, and maybe Cole Haans or whatever, but I wouldn't take anything good there for major work. Fine for doing what you wanted I suppose, but I didn't want any forum newbies showing up at Frank's (or those other places mentioned) with their Westons for resoling.

If you sit and watch whom and what Frank's gets to practice on, I think it bears out what I've said here . . . lots of women's shoes and purses, and lower end men's shoes.

For major work, I send my shoes back to the manufacturer, or I go to the place in the Pittsfield Building in Chicago when I visit our Chicago office.

otacon

Reaction score
I know this topic is ancient, but starting a new one when I have the exact same question seems a waste of space.

Any other recommendations?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a guy in Northville who is reputed to be good, but I haven't used him. I usually sell my shoes before they need any work - cuts down on repair bills.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokilamen