• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

beowolf

Reaction score
Just scored a pair of Beeswax at the Clarks store in Annapolis maryland, plus they have a 20% off sale. Got em for about $69.00

benchan

Reaction score
Two special anniversay model of Clarks DB

milk_20090909_wru02_01.jpg

false

Reaction score
I wear them most of the time anyway but my sand suede desert boots are my rain boots. I think I spray them with silcone once a month, at most, and they look great. Don't worry so much.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benchan
Two special anniversay model of Clarks DB

milk_20090909_wru02_01.jpg

What's special about a? Isn't that just the sand suede?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
I wear them most of the time anyway but my sand suede desert boots are my rain boots. I think I spray them with silcone once a month, at most, and they look great. Don't worry so much.

I think it was mentioned before, but with a 130+ page thread I can't find the information. What product do you recommend to weatherproof your desert boots?

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Sno-seal -- or some other beeswax product -- for plain leather, should make them viable for rainy days. Beeswax can also be used on suede, but will ruin the suede nap. Silicone sprays gives suede some degree of water resistance, but I doubt you'll be able to stay dry in proper rain.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
What's special about a? Isn't that just the sand suede?

no its made from different material...soft sand shade of velvet English suede

and its more narrow than other clark DBs

Clarks Desert Boot Vintage Sand

false

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Sno-seal -- or some other beeswax product -- for plain leather, should make them viable for rainy days. Beeswax can also be used on suede, but will ruin the suede nap. Silicone sprays gives suede some degree of water resistance, but I doubt you'll be able to stay dry in proper rain.
The spray has been completely effective for me. If theres a storm outside I'll try and remember to spray down my shoes but even without doing this the actuall suede has never gotten water damage and I walk through rainstorms. Do keep in mind that you shouldn't go through puddles though, the water will get inside the shoe as they don't have weather proof welts.

qianwen

Reaction score
My beeswax DB got really dusty when I was hiking and after cleaning them off with water, the leather looks really dry - are there any products I can use to restore the original shiny look?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which product of Obenauf'?

I'm looking for something that will not wax or change the color of my Beeswax Db. I really just want to treat it with something that will help the leather keep its natural oil.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Which product of Obenauf'?

I'm looking for something that will not wax or change the color of my Beeswax Db. I really just want to treat it with something that will help the leather keep its natural oil.

Yes, Obenauf's will darken leather but offers max protection. Most everything will darken leather, even the oils from your fingers will darken a naked leather wallet. You can try Lexol NF leather dressing which is not supposed to darken leather. It's popular for people with vegetable, chrome tanned and light leathers.

However, keep in mind what neatsfoot oil does - it makes stiff leather flexible. For example if you patch a hole in your jeans with leather you can wash it many times in the laundry, and when the leather stiffens and starts to shrink apply the NF oil to restore it. Disadvantages are that adhesives in the shoes may break down and be damaged by NF oil over time, and using any oil can eventually saturate the leather to the point it becomes soft and spongy until the product begins to appear on your socks indicating it has soaked all thru the leather.

JakeTS86

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Roamers desert boots? Are they decent quality?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexalynno