• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Northants bloke

Reaction score
New Kudu ex samples from the factory shop this afternoon. Well worth the visit if you can get to Desborough.
20231210_215051.jpg
20231210_152535.jpg

Northants bloke

Reaction score
That is quite an interesting sole
Yes. Not in their regular range. The heels are vibram so I imagine the rest of the sole is likely to be. The real attraction for me was the kudu uppers, plus my wife firmly approved. Generally dainite or itside are fine with me. These are the closest I have to Trickers Stow.

Last edited:

rakuskus

Reaction score
Yes. Not in their regular range. The heels are vibram so I imagine the rest of the sole is likely to be. The real attraction for me was the kudu uppers, plus my wife firmly approved. Generally dainite or itside are fine with me. These are the closest I have to Trickers Stow.
are the prices in the factory store a real attraction also?

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
"...plus my wife firmly approved..." is all that matters :D

Last edited:

Northants bloke

Reaction score
are the prices in the factory store a real attraction also?
Yes certainly. These boots were £245. The payoff is that it is lucky dip. They don't sell the catalogue to avoid undercutting the main stores so a good range but you don't know exactly what you will find. The price point is above Loake and Barker and below C&J, Trickers or Church, all of which have factory outlets of some description. I have also recently bought some Barkers seconds. Personally, I am reluctant to go above £300 again.

Mrs Northants Bloke bought herself some nice chelsea boots too this time. For us, Cheaney is just a short 30 minutes drive and our favourite outlet. It is a real treat. I now have to limit myself to 2-3 times a year as I can too easily find something there that I didn't know I needed.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speed hooks, I’m jealous. Speed hooks would make this boot one of my favorites, I’m sending mine to Steve to get them right.
He he this is a lot like my original feelings about the boot. However, I will say that with use and going past break in the lack of speed hooks is no longer an issue now and they have really become one of my favourite pairs.

rakuskus

Reaction score
Yes certainly. These boots were £245. The payoff is that it is lucky dip. They don't sell the catalogue to avoid undercutting the main stores so a good range but you don't know exactly what you will find. The price point is above Loake and Barker and below C&J, Trickers or Church, all of which have factory outlets of some description. I have also recently bought some Barkers seconds. Personally, I am reluctant to go above £300 again.

Mrs Northants Bloke bought herself some nice chelsea boots too this time. For us, Cheaney is just a short 30 minutes drive and our favourite outlet. It is a real treat. I now have to limit myself to 2-3 times a year as I can too easily find something there that I didn't know I needed.
I been there around 9 years ago when I was a student. I remember cheaney factory store selling for around £120-150. Cj £140-180. Barker £130-150 was disappointed they didn’t have a good offer. Tricker’s for around £220-270. Church’s had the best offer. They had iconic model for as low as £90. However being a student I can only afford 2 pair of shoes from visiting all that store. Now I live half way around the globe and I envy your 30 minutes drive to reach Cheaney.

Tim Apple

Reaction score

Me again with a possible solution to what is going on with my boots as shown above. I now think that what I'm seeing above is not due to the Cordovan renovateur that I misapplied to my boots a single time. Instead, I think it's that I over applied the regular renovateur that I have in house now. I really brushed my boots like hard based on the recommendations here and the appearance got much better. I felt pretty happy for a good number of days and while off work today, I decided to try the regular renovateur again. After applying and letting it sit for 20 mins or so I brushed it off and everything looked good. Then a few hours later I look at them and the white appearance is back.

I'm pretty sure that I'm over applying the renovateur and this is causing a large wax build up. The renovateur is quite thin and it's very easy to apply a lot. I spread it out all over the boot and it looks like I'm applying the right amount, but this white appearance after drying must mean that there's too much.

I wish there was a cream polish I could use instead of renovateur, but Cheaney recommends renovateur over any cream polish due to the whisky color.

Anyway, I'm happy to know I did not ruin my boot with that Cordovan renovateur.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Me again with a possible solution to what is going on with my boots as shown above. I now think that what I'm seeing above is not due to the Cordovan renovateur that I misapplied to my boots a single time. Instead, I think it's that I over applied the regular renovateur that I have in house now. I really brushed my boots like hard based on the recommendations here and the appearance got much better. I felt pretty happy for a good number of days and while off work today, I decided to try the regular renovateur again. After applying and letting it sit for 20 mins or so I brushed it off and everything looked good. Then a few hours later I look at them and the white appearance is back.

I'm pretty sure that I'm over applying the renovateur and this is causing a large wax build up. The renovateur is quite thin and it's very easy to apply a lot. I spread it out all over the boot and it looks like I'm applying the right amount, but this white appearance after drying must mean that there's too much.

I wish there was a cream polish I could use instead of renovateur, but Cheaney recommends renovateur over any cream polish due to the whisky color.

Glad to hear they've survived and will live. Why CANT you apply a neutral cream polish or neutral wax polish (in very little quantity) ? I dont understand why Cheaney would recommend not to use it? If renovateur won't destroy the whiskey colour, then neutral cream or wax polish won't either.

Braid

Reaction score

I don't think renovateur is meant to be applied often, I understand is considered to be very strong and to be used to restore very beaten shoes to remove all the dirt and wax build up. I am not an expert but I suspect you were ill advised at the shop.

When I want to maintain the natural colour and patina of the shoes I simply use Renapur (there are many alternatives as well like Bick4) that is a gentle neutral leather moisturiser.

shoefan57

Reaction score
I don't think renovateur is meant to be applied often, I understand is considered to be very strong and to be used to restore very beaten shoes to remove all the dirt and wax build up. I am not an expert but I suspect you were ill advised at the shop.

When I want to maintain the natural colour and patina of the shoes I simply use Renapur (there are many alternatives as well like Bick4) that is a gentle neutral leather moisturiser.
I think Cheaney don’t expect you to treat Kudu leather often at all. So the Renovateur recommendation is assuming occasional application only. However Trickers recommend neutral wax polish. Kudu is tough, it’s hard to damage it.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
I think Cheaney don’t expect you to treat Kudu leather often at all. So the Renovateur recommendation is assuming occasional application only. However Trickers recommend neutral wax polish. Kudu is tough, it’s hard to damage it.

My goal is to bring out the beautiful whiskey color by adding some shine.

Mr.Anderson

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I'm over applying the renovateur and this is causing a large wax build up.
If you are sure that this is a wax buildup then carefully warm up leather surface with hair drier. Then remove softened wax with a clean cotton rag. Do not warm up too much. Do it little by little and observe progress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads