• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I think I'll go with a size 7 instead of 7.5 in Soller. I'm usually a 41 but I also wear a size 7 in some widish non-Carmina shoes.

On the topic of price rise, I wouldn't be surprised. 1 euro was almost 1.40 USD a year ago, now it's slightly over 1.10. I don't know which tanneries they use for calf but stuff like Horween shell has definitely become more expensive.

thehaven22

Reaction score
I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is variable, but here is the initial plan:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka

Last: Rain
Sole: Tomir or Dainite
Leather: Snuff, tobacco, or fox suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.

We need 6 people to do a GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget, and so far we have 3-4 interested. Let me know if you want in on this makeup or if you have any further questions, but the link to Skoaktiebolaget's GMTO program should answer most questions. For fit questions, it is best to email Skaoktiebolaget directly, but I've found sizing down 1-1.5 from your Brannock works for Rain lasted chukkas. I'm looking forward to getting this GMTO off the ground.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put me down as a definite maybe on the 905 suede chukka. I want a snuff or tobacco suede chukka; just not sure about the Rain last or whether to get a different model on the Soller last.

thehaven22

Reaction score
i'll join for tobacco on tomir sole

The current leading combination is snuff suede on dainite sole. Is there any way you'd still join? I'm having troubles finding good pictures to differentiate tobacco and snuff too much.
I'm in for Snuff or Fox on Dainite, PM sent

Replied, we almost have enough people to send the Snuff + Dainite makeup to Skoaktiebolaget.

Put me down as a definite maybe on the 905 suede chukka. I want a snuff or tobacco suede chukka; just not sure about the Rain last or whether to get a different model on the Soller last.

It would be great if you decide to join. The current leading makeup is Snuff + Dainite. What are you unsure about with the Rain last? I emailed Skoaktiebolaget today and unfortunately the 5 eyelet 905 model can only be done on Rain or Simpson.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is variable, but here is the initial plan:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka

Last: Rain
Sole: Tomir or Dainite
Leather: Snuff, tobacco, or fox suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.

We need 6 people to do a GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget, and so far we have 3-4 interested. Let me know if you want in on this makeup or if you have any further questions, but the link to Skoaktiebolaget's GMTO program should answer most questions. For fit questions, it is best to email Skaoktiebolaget directly, but I've found sizing down 1-1.5 from your Brannock works for Rain lasted chukkas. I'm looking forward to getting this GMTO off the ground.

nice picture

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be great if you decide to join. The current leading makeup is Snuff + Dainite. What are you unsure about with the Rain last? I emailed Skoaktiebolaget today and unfortunately the 5 eyelet 905 model can only be done on Rain or Simpson.

Just have to decide if I want a more round toe for a Chukka, but have always liked that five eyelet chukka design.

cazone

Reaction score
1d6a750322704646119fd29e9541e8c4.jpg

My first Carminas.
Very happy. The cat too

29ffc98d6ac0472d12a6d54ee2f10267.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance