• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black pocket square

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a black lanvin pocket square which is black around the edges, but in the centre it is grey grosgrain. I think its very elegant.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 3 solid black squares with a contrasting edge in red, blue and white.

Horatio

Reaction score
Hm, I'm not a fan. Might be ok for white, light grey, cream... jackets.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a black one with a white pattern similar to the pattern in the upper left of woolymammoths picture and a solid black one. Never ever worn the solid black one, it looks kinda boring because black doesn't really show the way it is puffed and twisted in my pocket. But I don't mind when other people wear those.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
+1

I have a black silk PS with white polka dots from RLPL. I tend to use it quite often.

+2, but from Thomas Pink. Looks pretty good.

But all black? I think I'd only consider it in a TV fold (and I don't wear a TV fold, so there you go)

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
[
sty_pdiddy.jpg

Puffy pulls it off in his Zegna.

Zegna?

Why doesn't Diddy wear his own Sean John line?

Height of hypocrisy when he wouldn't wear his own cheap ****.

skefferz

Reaction score
I have worn a black jacquard square with a tuxedo. It's a very subtle look.

Just to be different.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a black with red paisley silk pocket square at the Chicago Antiques Market last Saturday, but I've yet to wear it. I'll probably pair it with a light gray suit and a red woven tie.

RatherAnOddball

Reaction score
I don't really see the point of a pure-black pocket square.

A white pocket square has a function - that of being neutral whilst clearly showing-off the quality of the silk and the skill of its folder. Black would also be neutral, but the light would do much less with it; it will look like a shadow peeking out from your pocket. In what ensemble would a pure-black square look better than a white one?

Edward

Reaction score
Solid black looks very well with light gray, especially if the suit is patterned. And it looks not bad at all with beige, especially with black shoes.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been wearing one for years mainly with a dinner suit. It's a black silk one with white trim. Someone once said it looks like I have a pair of ladies knickers in my pocket........I don't see this as a bad thing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketheduke