• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Countries to Live In 2010

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In reverse order

10. Italy
9. Canada
8. Belgium
7. USA
6. Luxembourg
5. New Zealand
4. Germany
3. Switzerland
2. Australia
1. France

The West dominates the top, African & Middle Eastern countries the bottom, no surprise. UK, Sweden, Ireland's ranking are surprisely low. N. Korea outranks UAE. US cost of living are on par with or higher than many EU countries, WTF? The prices I experience in Europe make NY (except R/E) looks like a 3rd world city.

Here's link to the complete listings and detail breakdown. And brief descriptions of the top 10.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List makes no sense. Australia is full of critters that will kill you, and France (last I checked) is full of the French.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
List makes no sense. Australia is full of critters that will kill you, and France (last I checked) is full of the French.

Yeah, but people there know how to relax and have fun
teacha.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
won't living in turks & caicos or the maldives top that list?

chroMe

Reaction score
netherlands. they are looking for qualified professional english speaking people

donCarlos

Reaction score
Czech Republic on the 24th place. I always said we´re living pretty fine... I wouldn´t hesitate to put us even higher.

Sweden´s zero from cost of living is quite a surprise for me, I haven´t spent much time there but it still doesn´t seem THAT expensive place to live.

samus

Reaction score
I'm moving to the UK this year. I love the USA but as an avowed Anglophile I'm very excited. With the exception of restaurant service
facepalm.gif

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart

US cost of living are on par with or higher than many EU countries, WTF? The prices I experience in Europe make NY (except R/E) looks like a 3rd world city.

Isn't that the truth!

bigboy

Reaction score
Why is Canada so low..recount!

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

could be worse. could be central tennessee.

Originally Posted by chroMe
netherlands. they are looking for qualified professional english speaking people

you've obviously never lived there.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by terb3ar
The age of consent in France is also more accommodating. They're also neighbors with the most age of consent-friendly country in the West, Spain.

I re read this after looking at your avatar, it really puts things in perspective.
laugh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Of the top ten countries, what is the ease with which a person could immigrate there and get citizenship? I know that apparently getting citizenship in Switzerland is incredibly hard. The US and Canada are pretty easy. As #1 and #2, what are Australia and France like?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Of the top ten countries, what is the ease with which a person could immigrate there and get citizenship? I know that apparently getting citizenship in Switzerland is incredibly hard. The US and Canada are pretty easy. As #1 and #2, what are Australia and France like?

Don't know about Australia (I think a person just needs to be sentenced to transport -- prostitution usually works), but France is probably like Italy and has a jus sanguinis requirement for citizenship.

Edit: Found it: Italy is jus sanguinis, France is jus soli.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_sanguinis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members