• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington Cashmere

Reaction score
I can see why these are so special to you! Simply amazing! May @ae_ashley bless you (and all of us) in a future TS or MTO special make-up!
Perhaps a first for this thread, a picture comparing Allen-Edmonds shoes, English Tan Horween Dublin Leather McGillicuddys in this case, to the footprints of cowboy boots and horseshoes and including someone who has the same first name as the poster.

(This may all soon disappear as the Red Chinese owners of the Chinese Theater have applied to have the property rezoned multi-family residential under California's new zoning laws where everything is multi-family residential.)

View attachment 1700757

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, once again took a picture sitting on this bench in the Hollywood-Highland Center. The Hollywood-Highland Center is in the process of being converted from retail to multi-family residential and creative office space. The giant elephants on giant columns and the gates of Babylon, all patterned after the ones in the D.W. Griffith silent film "Intolerance", are already gone, as this bench will eventually be.

View attachment 1700765

For fans of food pictures in food threads, November 9th is National Fried Chicken Sandwich Day so went to Superba Food + Bread on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood and had a fried chicken sandwich.

Looked a the wine list. There was champagne from Albuquerque NM, which I thought was the funniest thing I had ever seen on a wine list, so had some. Superba Food + Bread has joined the modern trend of serving champagne in white wine glasses rather than in flutes so there is more aroma. When I was younger almost everyplace served champagne in coupes and there was all the aroma anyone could want. I still use coupes at home.

View attachment 1700772

For fans of random Hollywood pictures in shoe threads, discovered my new favorite business name on some posters on Sunset Blvd.

View attachment 1700774
I really enjoy your post I’ve been meaning to share these pics of the big boy when it came trough my town this summer

490D89A0-9860-4EE0-9DB5-73A46249F766.jpeg

490D89A0-9860-4EE0-9DB5-73A46249F766.jpeg
68E82CDC-05BC-48D6-BA05-905BD81A0500.jpeg
A19E8C54-AA7C-43EE-976E-3178D679F2B8.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the many CXL fans. @bluejazzmonkey I thought you would be a CXL lover since your favorite color is horse **** brown. If you think about it, that makes CXL the mother of all leather.

Thank you for remembering! The HS brown and burgundy are my favorite colors.
I have the HM and Strand on order in HS brown and another Landon in burgundy (all three in shell).
You're correct. CXL is the mother of all leathers and would make a great cat litter box pad (on a positive note).

Those black/yellow shoes are purdy.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy hump day forum pals. Sporting red, white and blue today. Vintage Florsheim shell from Feb 1990. Let's home that the MacNeil is allowed to return so that some guy 30 years from now does not post pictures of "vintage shell MacNeils from 2020."

IMG_1047.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy hump day forum pals. Sporting red, white and blue today. Vintage Florsheim shell from Feb 1990. Let's home that the MacNeil is allowed to return so that some guy 30 years from now does not post pictures of "vintage shell MacNeils from 2020."

View attachment 1701042
The LWB may be my favourite style of shoe. Happy Wednesday.
AD655D2C-5BE6-43F6-8400-755E93F522AF.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since these were brought up yesterday as a style people would be looking for during next year's centennial, I figured I'd throw my pair of dark brown Sullivan Streets on. I firmly believe these are one of AE's most versatile style boots. I wear mine mostly with denim, but they also pair well with chinos/khakis/whatever you want to call pants that rankle the CM snobberazis and, in all honesty, play nicely with anything short of a full suit.

But, that's just me. I don't know much. I just know these are comfortable, look great, and fit me better than any other pair of AEs I own. I'm a simple kind of man and these are some boots that I love and understand.

IMG_5566.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ashley already piped in but she had said a while back when I was beating the FBG drum before that it wouldn't happen this year with everything else going on but she would try to see what could be done for us next yeah. Thanks @ae_ashley

2p3k8s.jpg

I'd like to see a Balmoral boot. Doesn't have to be a return of an existing style but I'm ok if it is. I'd really like a merlot or dark red option.

I know a few of us would like to see AE make some styles that Carmina, Carlos Santos and a number of others make.
balmoran_boots_brown_suede_museum_80092_l-2.jpg

A modification to the fifth street would result in the above.

A balmoral version of the Cornwallis would look very nice and modern.

As to football grain I personally would want it on a Landon or Patton, I don't think I'd get it on a non boot. No funny soles either itshide or dainite.

I'm, probably alone on this one but I'd like a boot version of the St. Johns.
HestonOxbloodDenim21200x800_1200x.jpg
I’d settle for a shell version of the St. John’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics