• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan89

Reaction score
As posted on 2017- here is my first order of '18. They should be here Wednesday from Ohio shoe bank. Since it is supposed to be below 10 degrees for the next week or so, they should get some use from day 1. View attachment 900742

Good looking boot! I take it they’re discontinued now, in which case why on earth are they discontinued now??

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good looking boot! I take it they’re discontinued now, in which case why on earth are they discontinued now??

Unfortunately, they were sort of replaced with the Vancouver.
When the Vancouver goes on hard clearance pricing, I'd recommend considering...somewhere in the $200 vicinity.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess this counts as the first pair of 2018.

View attachment 900748

Screenshot_20180101-122448.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seeing your pair of Leeds makes me happy that mine is to arrive Friday. I wanted a pair during the sale on seconds, but the only ones in my size were at the Customer care center and they just ship them out, without any report on how they look. I did not want to roll the dice and chance the $25 return charge. My SA who sold me shell MacNeils earlier in the month ordered several pairs to be shipped to their store so she could inspect them personally. They were declared to be "gorgeous" and are now on their way.
Mine were from an outlet. Their description would have made me look further if it was not the only size they had for me. So I ordered knowing that if they really that awful, I had time to exchange for the shell Randolph. They had 4 in my size. The toe tool marks he described were so faint that I could hardly see them. The top line misalignment was a 32nd of an inch. I had to measure it. The eyelet misalignment was about a 16th of an inch. The heel roughness he described was very slight. The only thing that I could easily see was a interior heel scratch that I brushed out in the store. He also mentioned very heavy try on creasing. Those were what I would have called very light try on creasing. After some spot touch ups with VSC, I ended up with a pair that I feel presents well. He almost described me into a Randolph.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't monkey around in 2018.

P1100736 2.jpg

Wearing khaki grain McTavishes.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my post from last night. I called my local AE store and they had me email pics of the rip (pics attached). They called me back within an hour or so and said they’d order me a new pair and I just need to bring the old ones back to the store. Their customer service really is incredible.

AAD5703D-E080-4620-8278-8753FFA59707.jpeg

E836FE72-D5AB-46DC-9E04-0513F215CD03.jpeg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my post from last night. I called my local AE store and they had me email pics of the rip (pics attached). They called me back within an hour or so and said they’d order me a new pair and I just need to bring the old ones back to the store. Their customer service really is incredible.

View attachment 900770

View attachment 900772

Glad to hear it. I would have been surprised to hear that thy didn't take care of you in a fair way.

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, they could have the photo wrong. I'd buy a second pair at Shoebank prices for times like this, we are facing 2 weeks of below 10 degree weather.

Nice thing about them, you can wear them all day...indoors and out.
My feet do not get hot or sweaty indoors, but they are warm and toasty outside.

The FAs look like usual nice footwear, they just happen to have a superpower.
Merino socks are the greatest,I wear them year round ,toasty in freezing temps,breathes in the summer-those $27 Vermont sox look great but for daily year round wear I’m a huge fan of the Costco Kirkland trail socks-70% merino 29%nylon 1%spandex-for around$10 for 4 pairs!

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 900730
Left to right: walnut Rogue, walnut Rutledge, walnut Bartlett, natural shell Strand, natural shell Leeds.

I didn't actually know they made the Rogue in walnut. I love mine in dark chili (probably my favorite AE calf shoe in recent memory)--not sure why AE discontinued them only to bring out a slightly uglier replacement.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 900770

View attachment 900772
What size? I want to watch eBay to see if it surfaces as a NW third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members