• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 791162 View attachment 791164 View attachment 791165 View attachment 791166 Just recieved my Black Hills. These are seconds and clearance at $127, so cannot exchange, but can return. I have 1st quality Wilberts on the way I got at the $149 price, so plan to wear wilberts for most indoor activities and these black hills for outdoor.. Soo.. the marks don't bother me appearance-wise.. I can live with them for 127.. BUT are there any other concerns with these uppers not holding up as well or lasting as long? Do I need to return them? Thanks in advance.
Had the same pair with similar leather marks. The only odd thing about this pair is they wore very large for me.

roz77

Reaction score
IMG_6730.JPG

New Black/Burgundy Sheltons from the Shoebank with a bonus dog shot. These shoes are fantastic. The contrast between the two colors makes it stand out, but not enough to be garish. Also my wife hates them and thinks they look like bowling shoes, so that makes me like them even more :)

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Kirkwood's showed up. Ordered them in my 65 size (which also works for the Eastports 2592 last) and they are so long that I step right out of them when walking.:confused2: In the name of science, I tried them with thick socks and it fixes the heel slip so I'm wondering if stepping down 1/2 a length will work. Also I hope that doesn't make them too narrow.
bgVdcuu.jpg
I tried these on in store the other day and had the exact same problem in my 65 size. I forewent them and got the maritime instead. In the opposite the sea island was really tight in the 65 size

amphillips79

Reaction score
IMG_0592.JPG
I have a 10D Cornwallis and I just received the 10D Leiden Weaves. I wasn't thinking about it when I ordered the Leidens because the 1943 last is the only AE last I've run into so far that I'm not necessarily a 10D in based on the Cornwallis' fit. However, I am very pleasantly surprised that the Leiden Weaves fit me perfectly! I even compared the shoes and they are identical in length. For some reason though, the Cornwallis just seems to be more cramped in the toe than the Leidens. Weird.

Oh yeah, here they are and I love them!

rumjt

Reaction score
I tried these on in store the other day and had the exact same problem in my 65 size. I forewent them and got the maritime instead. In the opposite the sea island was really tight in the 65 size
This is good info. Did you go with your 65 size on the Maritimes as well?

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I initially went with 9B in the Kirks. Then bought a pair or two in 9D (my 65 size). Same with the initial batch of Maritimes. Went with 9.5D (my brannock) with the newer suede Maritimes, as I think they fit a little tighter for some reason.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 791216

New Black/Burgundy Sheltons from the Shoebank with a bonus dog shot. These shoes are fantastic. The contrast between the two colors makes it stand out, but not enough to be garish. Also my wife hates them and thinks they look like bowling shoes, so that makes me like them even more :)

So if you come home late in your Sheltons, with a dusting of glitter and a hint womens perfume... "What? I was out bowling."

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Yep. So maritimes fit in my 65. Kirks too big and sea islands too snug.

rumjt

Reaction score
I initially went with 9B in the Kirks. Then bought a pair or two in 9D (my 65 size). Same with the initial batch of Maritimes. Went with 9.5D (my brannock) with the newer suede Maritimes, as I think they fit a little tighter for some reason.
Yep. So maritimes fit in my 65. Kirks too big and sea islands too snug.
I'm gonna have to spreadsheet this. Sigh, why can't I be rich and just have everything bespoke?

@orange fury those Rancourts in color 8 are exactly what I'm looking for...except in 3E. You hear that AE? CXL color 8 w/ leather soles. Make it so.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Store Report...

Yeah, so I've got the bug again.

Stopped in to see Tom at my local store today and try on some sale models.

20170601_194513.jpg

First, tried the Delray... again. Fit fine in my usual starting size even though last time I felt a half size down worked better. Typical Blucher Squeak. I'm glad they only had black in my size because it makes me want them less. Plus on this pair, something seemed a little bit off on the right shoe.

20170601_233125.jpg

Ok, so I love the Bartlett. But, duh, right? Not sure I can justify the $345... but boy did they feel (and smell) fantastic!

Also, Tom is bringing in a pair of Acorn Hilfire Neumoks for me to fondle... I mean inspect and try on.

Additionally, we checked inventory and there is still a pair of the suede Club Monaco Leeds seconds out there in my size... decisions, decisions!

Going to have to empty out my piggy bank and see what I can swing, if anything.

And a final note which you might appreciate. Tom said that they did a ranking of the store's top customers and I landed in the top 25. Whoops!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members