• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Week three already! We've got some extra pieces from Inis Meain, Portuguese Flannel, Document, 3sixteen, and Wythe, but we've also got a few big drops.

I'll start with IKIJI as it's always been a personal favorite and we have some great new styles in the mix this time around.

View attachment 2036353

View attachment 2036323 View attachment 2036325

Molded polos are back, and lovely as ever. These are sort of a signature for IKIJI at this point, and they use a 3d knitting machine so there is no waste, it's got a great anatomical shape, all that good stuff. Just an all-timer.

View attachment 2036341 View attachment 2036339 View attachment 2036343 View attachment 2036331 View attachment 2036333 View attachment 2036329 View attachment 2036327

Speaking of all-timers, wool jersey turtlenecks and tees are here and we had to get the full range. I think every season I go on and on about these but there is something so hard to beat about these. They regulate temperature well, they are super low-maintenance and machine washable, and they look just as good under a shacket as they do with a suit.

View attachment 2036345 View attachment 2036315

Light quilted crewneck with that classic onion quilt. More like a tee, the quilting is what brings it closer to a sweatshirt. As with all Ikiji, the fabric is stellar and that really sets it apart.

View attachment 2036347 View attachment 2036321 View attachment 2036317
View attachment 2036319

Three killer pieces in this slubby wool/cotton. It's nice and thick and woven with the wool on the front and cotton on the back, so they can be worn right against the skin if you choose. Good weight means the work jacket can be worn as, well, a jacket.

View attachment 2036349
View attachment 2036313

Continuing this ecru story, we have this undyed wool piece. With plain cuffs and an oversized fit, it's more like an overshirt. And how about that texture! It's sort of light, puffy, and... fluffy?

View attachment 2036335

The light of my life, IKIJI side-tab trousers. Wool and linen mix this time around with a lot of striation and a lot of personality. Killer drape, as always. If these work for you they're hard to beat!

View attachment 2036337

Nice and sharp, single pleats, beautiful wool. I know the guys will do these justice on the livestream when you can see them in motion so I'll just leave it at that.
I love Ikiji just as much as Kyle!
Wool tees are just such a good staple. I always pick up any new colors.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Ikiji just as much as Kyle!
Wool tees are just such a good staple. I always pick up any new colors.
I was eyeing these wool tees. Are they good to wear on their own in hot weather, or are they more for layering? (I only have cotton and linen tees, or some mix thereof.)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
De Bonne Facture is back this season, and we have a tight selection of what they do best. Starting with...

De Bonne Facture FW23 - 4.jpg De Bonne Facture FW23 - 1.jpg

There it is. Granddad coat. Undyed herringbone wool. Swish.

De_Bonne_Facture_France_Mock_Neck_Sweater_brown_undyed_boucle_wool (3).jpg

And we've got some more undyed wool! This is goldilocks territory here, from the perfect subtle mockneck to the sponginess of the wool to that perfect natural hue. phew.

De Bonne Facture FW23 - 5.jpg De Bonne Facture FW23 - 6.jpg De_Bonne_Facture_France_Overshirt_in_dark_brown_and_black_checked_wool (1).jpg

DbF's wool shackets have been really strong for a few years now, and this time around it's no exception. A few regular posters here have these from past seasons, and they always speak highly of them. Definitely one of those styles that just "clicks" after trying on even if it looks sort of plain on a monitor.

De_Bonne_Facture_France_Hiking_trousers_in_brown_heavyweight_cotton_twill (6).jpg

Hiking trousers are another style that have regular fans, and so we had to grab this brown colorway for the season to complement the natural color we've had in the past.

De Bonne Facture FW23 - 7.jpg

As do the balloon trousers, now in this new khaki green color. although there is something strangely smooth about the lookbook photos I assure you the real ones have a more natural drape 😅

Attachments

• De_Bonne_Facture_France_Grandad_Coat_in_undyed_beige_herringbone (1).jpg
    De_Bonne_Facture_France_Grandad_Coat_in_undyed_beige_herringbone (1).jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 40
  • De_Bonne_Facture_France_Grandad_Coat_in_undyed_beige_herringbone (7).jpg
    De_Bonne_Facture_France_Grandad_Coat_in_undyed_beige_herringbone (7).jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 38

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I was eyeing these wool tees. Are they good to wear on their own in hot weather, or are they more for layering? (I only have cotton and linen tees, or some mix thereof.)

I wear my ecru short sleeve on in hot weather sometimes, but I think largely because of the color and the closer fit of mine it can be a bit intense for me in that context. I prefer it under an open shirt, even a short sleeve one, in a situation like that. Otherwise I wear it under shackets and casual suits in the spring and fall.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
De Bonne Facture is back this season, and we have a tight selection of what they do best. Starting with...

View attachment 2036387 View attachment 2036385

There it is. Granddad coat. Undyed herringbone wool. Swish.

View attachment 2036401

And we've got some more undyed wool! This is goldilocks territory here, from the perfect subtle mockneck to the sponginess of the wool to that perfect natural hue. phew.

View attachment 2036389 View attachment 2036391 View attachment 2036403

DbF's wool shackets have been really strong for a few years now, and this time around it's no exception. A few regular posters here have these from past seasons, and they always speak highly of them. Definitely one of those styles that just "clicks" after trying on even if it looks sort of plain on a monitor.

View attachment 2036399

Hiking trousers are another style that have regular fans, and so we had to grab this brown colorway for the season to complement the natural color we've had in the past.

View attachment 2036393

As do the balloon trousers, now in this new khaki green color. although there is something strangely smooth about the lookbook photos I assure you the real ones have a more natural drape 😅
Holy moly!

rdaws

Reaction score
Has anyone used the G Inglese MTM program? There doesn’t seem to be much info about it. I need to pick up a few new shirts and want to move upmarket a bit, but it’s always a challenge to get a shirt that gets the neck, body, sleeves, and cuffs all correct without going MTM. Curious to hear about others’ experiences, cost, results, timing.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the G Inglese MTM program? There doesn’t seem to be much info about it. I need to pick up a few new shirts and want to move upmarket a bit, but it’s always a challenge to get a shirt that gets the neck, body, sleeves, and cuffs all correct without going MTM. Curious to hear about others’ experiences, cost, results, timing.
Believe @Mr. Six & @lordsuperb do, though they could be one of the select few who can do straight MTO sizing

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted one of everything from the DBF drop. I picked up a pair of the brown hiking trousers because they are my most favorite pants ever.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of DBF stuff in my size sold out quick! I did get two tees - the pink Ikiji from the new drop, and a GRP from the sale that I've had my eye on for a while.

IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Short-sleeve_t-shirt_in_light_pink_washable_wool_jersey_5_2048x.jpg GRP Linen Tshirt Dark Green_NMWA front.jpeg

Apart from "normal" daily seasonal use, these will be accompanying me on a three-week trip to Argentina over our winter / their summer. My plan is to take a lot of lower-maintenance tops that will keep me cool and keep the sweat absorption down (mostly linen GRPs and Inis Meáins). These two should work out nicely :)

jimney

Reaction score
Wow balloon trousers were popular, a few sizes were gone by the time I got there. I got an order in for what I think is the right size for me so fingers crossed.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodan11#