• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Need money for textbooks" sale! E Zegna, Hickey Freeman, Talbott...come in and buy

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks to be a thrift tag on the HF jacket, so I'm not sure NWOT would qualify (esp. since it looks to be a dated Boardroom model).

Is the Zegna suit from the "Soft" line?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
That looks to be a thrift tag on the HF jacket, so I'm not sure NWOT would qualify (esp. since it looks to be a dated Boardroom model).

EYES LIKE A HAWK!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff

Is the Zegna suit from the "Soft" line?

Well, maybe the coat was new to the Thrift shop, and wasn't worn after it was purchased there.

So it would be TNWOT which is Thrift New Without Tag
laugh.gif

BTW: The Boardroom model designation HF sport coat is not nearly as dated as the pictured "Customized" , HF label. They stopped using that style label about 20 years ago.

And yes, the Zegna label looks to be the Zegna Soft label which was very much the lower priced Zegna diffusion line, and had been replaced by the Z Zegna line for a few years now.

For the Trifecta. The Talbott tie is OK but $50 is at the absolute highest price imaginable for a used RT BOC tie (though it's "as new"!).

Good luck on the sales.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the OP alluded to...the pictures did the talking.
rimshot.gif

Regards.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People still buy textbooks? I use my scholarship money on booze, not books.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing things up rnoldh and scruff.
I am not familiar with the different lines of the brands discussed in the men's forum. Especially hickey freeman and zegna. I have also never been to a thrift shop so i did not know that they also tagged the clothing. Sorry if there was any confusion. I want buyers to know exactly what they are buying, that's why i posted pictures of all tags. If anybody needs extra pictures then i will provide them.
I'm willing to drop my prices if they are too high, as long as the suggestion is resonable.
I want to sell everything this week since I'm buying my books in the next few days.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Don't think anybody here would even take the whole lot for $50, especially when you're trying to sell the suit for over three times what you paid for it on ebay.

or the tie for ten times. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220191116032

c'mon dude. it's cool to flip stuff on here, but don't play the ignorant card with -

am not familiar with the different lines of the brands discussed in the men's forum. Especially hickey freeman and zegna.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads