• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're right ,it caught my attention because it has a Customs Permission holographic sticker on the bottom like someone paid some good money to bring into the country .

RFHansen

Reaction score
I read somewhere that LG makes stuff for other companies. Maybe this is one?

Sure, could be. But when it comes to Kiton I would expect it to be made in-house at their huge tailoring workshop. Also, usually when a maker produces for another brand, you can only tell by the factory label, the items normally don't have two distinct brand labels. You know this, I'm sure, I am just explaining my surprise.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Sure, could be. But when it comes to Kiton I would expect it to be made in-house at their huge tailoring workshop. Also, usually when a maker produces for another brand, you can only tell by the factory label, the items normally don't have two distinct brand labels.

Hmmm, now you've got me wondering...

" Sebastiano is head of shirtmaking at Kiton, overseeing the 40+ team of cutters and sewers that makes all of Kiton’s shirts in Arzano, just outside Naples. His full name is Sebastiano Borrelli. He is a scion of the famous Borrelli shirtmaking family, but left to join Kiton because of an encounter with the rather inspiring Ciro Paone, Kiton’s founder."

IMG_7202.jpeg
IMG_7204.jpeg
IMG_7205.jpeg
IMG_7203.jpeg
IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7207.jpeg

Last edited:

RFHansen

Reaction score
Interesting bit of information on Borrelli Jr. I kind of regret selling the Kiton shirts I've found lately. I could stare at that impeccable stitching all day. Hopefully more will come my way.

RFHansen

Reaction score
BTW, I just picked up my first Marol shirt. It seems to be mostly machine stitched, but very nicely done. The stitches are almost invisible to the naked eye, so the per inch count must be sky-high. Let me know if you want to see details.

jplicks

Reaction score
Been having a real dry spell lately that thankfully broke today. Sorry for crap photo quality.
0D8A6D14-8F49-4747-B914-9D909C1B940C_1_105_c.jpeg

Cords are Beams Plus, which is a pop for me. The Johnson wool jacket is in great condition, can't find a hole or stain on it, and it looks pretty old too, I'd guess 50s maybe 60s from the tag.

1A07850D-3BA9-455F-9F2A-3342D15C6349_1_105_c.jpeg

Looking forward to cleaning up these Chippewas, the soles have barely any wear.

B96AF35F-F15E-406F-8D71-9103A19CDCC0_1_105_c.jpeg

classicthrifter

Reaction score
The Johnson wool jacket is in great condition, can't find a hole or stain on it, and it looks pretty old too, I'd guess 50s maybe 60s from the tag.

View attachment 2188117
I found this just last week for the first time. Not sure if mine is as old as yours as it has a YKK zipper.
IMG_20240521_222137.jpg
IMG_20240521_222240.jpg

Also, does anyone know the era of these items? I'm seeing more made in China RL items on what I think are older pieces. Thanks!

IMG_20240515_104953.jpg
IMG_20240515_105547.jpg
IMG_20240515_105648.jpg

IMG_20240521_224338ba.jpg
IMG_20240521_224338b.jpg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Wait... does that shirt have both Kiton and Borrelli tags? What gives?
It's been a while since I saw one of these, but there was a period in perhaps the 90s or early aughts when I saw shirts with both tags. In fact, I remember having a fight with a buyer I sold one to, who thought it was some kind of scam. A guy I knew back then who had a consignment store in Boston said it was during a period when Kiton was scaling rapidly and couldn't keep up with the demand. For a short time, Borrelli made shirts for them until they got their orders caught up. No idea whether that's true, but it has a hint of possibility about it . . .

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads