• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solito Thread

BrodieDurden

Reaction score
Looking forward to following the progress on your jackets! Luigi is awesome, and you won't be dissapointed. I'd take a look at some of the Fox Air and Loro Piana fabrics online and get a general idea of what you want, but Gigi should be able to give you some advice too. In my experience, he's not picky with fabrics for jackets (for example, when I've used Ambrosi for pants, he will steer me towards English fabrics which he thinks make far superior pants - and I agree). Gigi may put you onto something from Cacciopoli, but keep in mind that they are a merchant and not a mill - a lot of the stuff branded as Cacciopoli is actually from Loro Piana. He can tell you which ones are branded Cacciopoli but are LP.

All to say, a wool/silk/linen or wool/linen wil serve you very well. I wore my wool/silk/linen Loro Piana jacket from Solito yesterday and was comfortable, with temperatures fluctuating between 60 and 80 degrees yesterday in Detroit. Fresco is also a decent option for jackets, although I find it scratchy on your body and kind of cheap. I can't get away with fresco in the winter time in Detroit because it gets well below freezing, so I've always opted for Crispaire (Holland and Sherry) which I find works well for winter and isn't terrible in the hottest days. Can't say the same for Fresco.

Fit wise, he might cut the sleevs a tad bit shorter than you'reused to. I've grown to enjoy it, but it was starkly different than anything I'v owned from Orazio Luciano and Isaia.

Are you meeting him in Napoli? Gotta swing by Trattoria San Ferdinando afterward if so!
Thank you for the response! He is in San Francisco and so I am jumping on the opportunity as Im a short drive away. Thank you for fabric advice as well, I didnt realize that Cacciopoli has LP fabric. I am thinking a wool/silk/linen and a cashmere. I will let you and everyone else know what I go with as Im going to meet with him in a couple hours. Those Luca shirts are nice too, Im gonna have to jump on those, and obviously it seems that a trip to Napoli is in order.

BrodieDurden

Reaction score
Ok so I met with Luigi and he is super nice. In the end I'm getting the 2 fabrics & patterns that I liked the best as I don't know yet what exactly I like / dislike in terms of weight, or fabric type. I will include pictures of the swatches but the green one is much darker in person, the iphone made it really bright. The green is a darker olive, and apparently I like herringbone.

Both will be typical style, 3-roll-2, patch pockets, single cuff button. Dark green/black cashmere and this shetland tweed. I see the tweed might be a bit heavy (my winters will dip to 30s F) but in person it really stood out the most to me.

I guess next update will be in a few months for the first fitting when he returns.

Attachments

• brn2.png
    brn2.png
    714.2 KB · Views: 8
  • brn3.png
    brn3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

BrodieDurden

Reaction score
Ok so I met with Luigi and he is super nice. In the end I'm getting the 2 fabrics & patterns that I liked the best as I don't know yet what exactly I like / dislike in terms of weight, or fabric type. I will include pictures of the swatches but the green one is much darker in person, the iphone made it really bright. The green is a darker olive, and apparently I like herringbone.

Both will be typical style, 3-roll-2, patch pockets, single cuff button. Dark green/black cashmere and this shetland tweed. I see the tweed might be a bit heavy (my winters will dip to 30s F) but in person it really stood out the most to me.

I guess next update will be in a few months for the first fitting when he returns.

Here is the darker one, but I think the pics aren't the best representation as the fabric was darker in person, maybe the darkest one in the group of cashmere herringbone. I took another picture that came out so light that its not accurate at all, it came out like a mid green and this is not that.

Attachments

• green1.png
    green1.png
    706.3 KB · Views: 25

BrodieDurden

Reaction score

Forgot to say he had buttons too and brown horn (maybe corozo?) for tweed and a dark green almost black corozo. Tweed will be full lined and cashmere to be half lined based on his recs. Hope I didn't forget anything. Thanks for listenin.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosnivnil