• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hitsuji

Reaction score
Fox 11 oz cavalry twill. I'll post a closeup of the fabric when it gets delivered. It's very lightweight and should wear cooler than other cavalry twills. I'm going to have the pants flared a bit so I can wear cowboy boots and not have the boots pull the fabric. Link to the fabric:

View attachment 2184107

View attachment 2184105
Wanted a pair of trousers in these - how do you find the drape? Unfortunately out of stock now

Does anyone go for a triple patch pocket for the more casual suits? Was thinking about getting it with the Walnut Brown Melange Fox Air.

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted a pair of trousers in these - how do you find the drape? Unfortunately out of stock now

Does anyone go for a triple patch pocket for the more casual suits? Was thinking about getting it with the Walnut Brown Melange Fox Air.
I had my tailor order the fabric a few days after it was released.

kid1002

Reaction score
Agreed with you on every point. Also, I thought prologue was mtm, not bespoke. Maybe they even do a mtm fitting. But you can tell it’s not handmade by the lapel roll.

Well that's unfortuante to know. I made it a point to understand from them if their garments are handmade before I had comissioned for this piece.

Here's me in their fitting garment while at their Shanghai trunk show. Again, it was very hard for me to tell all these problems being there when I tried this on. There are pictures as well with sleeves on before they cut them off to check armhole, but I do not have those with me.

WechatIMG442.jpg

Re: lapel roll, it also could be the jacket not holding onto its shape fresh out of a poorly protecting bag/box. Cotton doesn't drape, after all.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
handmade or not is not necessarily what means to be bespoke though, I would have found an excuse to go to HK, I just don't trust remote fitting

edit: re-read your post proper, so the initial measurement was remote and you had one fitting, somehow end product was a lot less than the initial try on, not sure what happened then...

edit2: on a side note had a friend who prefer Prologue over anthology partially because the Prologue lapel rolled a lot more, so I guess who knows...

kid1002

Reaction score
handmade or not is not necessarily what means to be bespoke though, I would have found an excuse to go to HK, I just don't trust remote fitting

edit: re-read your post proper, so the initial measurement was remote and you had one fitting, somehow end product was a lot less than the initial try on, not sure what happened then...

edit2: on a side note had a friend who prefer Prologue over anthology partially because the Prologue lapel rolled a lot more, so I guess who knows...
Exactly. I had one fitting in person. Basted fitting, first fitting... Whatever you call it.

But the end product is surprisingly off to a degree that doesn't usually happen to my custom commissions, bespoke or not.

Reaction score
I need some help from experienced remote-bespoke customers or tailors here...

I had commissioned remotely for this cotton suit earlier this year from The Prologue (Hong Kong). Measurements were provided by me remotely to The Prologue using measurements taken by my usual tailors in Shanghai who had made tens of garments for me.

A basted fitting was done in Shanghai during April when Jerry from The Prologue came here for a mini trunk show. Nothing seemed wrong to me back then, so I basically said "you do your thing" as Jerry did his thing.

Now today I have just received the completed suit. Both jacket and trousers. Trousers fit me wonderfully, but I am finding glaring problems with the jacket.

Main issues I'm feeling
- Collar gap behind the neck
- Lapel gap at the chest
- Movement feels restrictive but the jacket is very roomy, could it be because of the two problems above?
- General balance issues, including right piece/skirt gaping away from my body

I know they cut me a wide-shouldered silouette, so exactly what are the problems and what's just style I can't tell for sure.

The Prologue agreed to take this in for alterations after I shared some basic recordings of me wearing the jacket (including the YouTube clip I'm sharing here) with Jerry.

As I usually just rely on tailors to identify and fix problems in real life, I can't help but feel powerless in remote, finding myself not being able to convey problems I'm seeing/feeling.

Any thoughts?

Hello,
I'm a Tailor. I have many ppl send me pics of fittings along with garments to recut and alter. I've seen your video.

Just some initial thoughts

Your thoughts on the collar appear to be correct. It is too long. It needs to be shortened. Doing this has a 2 pronged effect..
1. It makes the collar hug the neck
2. It will bring the jacket back onto you body which will eliminate the bowing and make it more comfortable.

The jacket is a good size so the bowing isn't from tightness. Rather the jacket is sitting to the outside of your body. You may find yourself wanting to pull the jacket from the lapels closer to your neck or "back onto the body".

kid1002

Reaction score
The jacket is a good size so the bowing isn't from tightness. Rather the jacket is sitting to the outside of your body. You may find yourself wanting to pull the jacket from the lapels closer to your neck or "back onto the body".

Yes this is exactly what I want to do when I wear this. Thank you for your input!

L.deJong

Reaction score
Another caution for remote fittings I guess.
My tailor (lovadina) doesn't do much during the fitting he just helps me putting it on, then let's me walk to the mirror, let me check the fit and then will look at the back lift the jacket a bit, look at the shoulder and armhole and he is done.

A couple of months later I get the finished jacket and it's always on point. No 30+ minute fittings fiddling with all the details. He just looks at it and just knows if it's correct, probably also looks at the harmony of the whole assemble. The first couple of times this felt very scary, is he actually doing something? Or is the fitting more for me? Now I know better.

Of course I did have some small sleeve length problems, especially in the beginning but that was also partly my fault because I wore different shirts with the wrong sleeve length... Stupid mistake.
And the first couple of commissions he didn't nail the right shoulder, it hangs a little lower than my left one. But that's also fixed now.

Oh and with my second suit (2018) I tried to help him do the fitting.... Big big mistake still my least favourite suit, it just doesn't fit right. Just let the master do his work hahaha. I had to bring it back to him three times, and now for the Fourth time hopefully it's wearable now.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seekingm0re