• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

carlos20co

Reaction score
Two months and they are finally broken in. When I first got them I could barely put my feet in with dress socks, now they fit fine with regular socks.
IMG_1136.jpeg

jthmeffy

Reaction score
I posted this on the reddit thread about it, but I doubt I'll get much engagement from anyone there about it; anyone else think the big and tall segregation is a horrible idea?

I personally think segregating these sizes off will negatively effect orders coming at these sizes. Unless that's part of your goal, I suppose. I'm kinda on the fringe of big and tall. Size 13 in sneakers, 6'2", 250. I never look at big and tall sections in stores. It's almost always BIG and tall in every store. It always feels like Big and Tall sections are purely to make it look like, see we're including everyone! But with minimal effort.

I'll suspect that you'll have cursory/casual customers come by, maybe do a mock build, see that it stops at 12, and then leave since you don't carry their size. I would never think to look for a big and tall section on a boot site. I would assume that Nicks stops at 12, similarly to Redwings and others with stopping half sizes at 12.

Any reason you don't just have conditional options? That's basically day one of any programming class. Like, if someone chooses 12.5+, have the options they can't use greyed out and unclickable. Make sure there is a visible disclaimer that pops up when those sizes, length or width or any applicable application thereof, is selected.

Again, unless this is more of a bug and not a feature and you guys are trying to discourage those of us with larger feet from buying from you. If that's the case, steam on ahead, cause this is the way to do that.

Last edited:

DG123

Reaction score
I posted this on the reddit thread about it, but I doubt I'll get much engagement from anyone there about it; anyone else thing the big and tall segregation is a horrible idea?
I am not sure what your post here is referring to but I believe in all their boots and shoes Nicks offers men's sizes 12.5, 13.5, and 14.5. For example, here is the Robert boot including full and half sizes from men's size 4 to 15.

TyrLI

Reaction score
I posted this on the reddit thread about it, but I doubt I'll get much engagement from anyone there about it; anyone else thing the big and tall segregation is a horrible idea?
It might depend on the last you're selecting. Are you looking at munsons?

jthmeffy

Reaction score
I am not sure what your post here is referring to but I believe in all their boots and shoes Nicks offers men's sizes 12.5, 13.5, and 14.5. For example, here is the Robert boot including full and half sizes from men's size 4 to 15.

The basic Robert only comes with the vbar, which doesn't have issues with boot size. The Robert Custom Config can only be ordered up to 12 since there are other sole options avialable.
1701569293336.png

jthmeffy

Reaction score
It might depend on the last you're selecting. Are you looking at munsons?
Nope, its all about sole choices. If the boot only comes with one sole option that doesn't have sizing issues (Standard Roberts - Vbar), all sizes are available. If the boot has sole options that has sizing issues, only up to 12 is available (Custom Config Roberts). Then you need to go to the big and tall section to sort yourself out.

1701569351095.png

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I posted this on the reddit thread about it, but I doubt I'll get much engagement from anyone there about it; anyone else think the big and tall segregation is a horrible idea?
I thought being transparent about about what’s available for larger sizes would be a positive thing. We don’t have the ability to have conditional logic with our current configurator, unfortunately.

This is also not about deciding to not carry the larger sole sizes. They just don’t exist in some treads at least from Vibram with the way we construct the boots. We will be adding another supplier that will alleviate this with the blown rubber soles but not the rubber ones. I would be happy to offer the larger sizes, to be clear. This is not by choice, but cleaning up an existing process that would essentially mean we call you several months after placing the order and tell you you have to switch soles.

jthmeffy

Reaction score
We don’t have the ability to have conditional logic with our current configurator, unfortunately.

Well, that covers everything I was complaining about. Stopping incompatible configurations before the order goes in is by far the best (only, really) option, and this sounds like it's the only way you can currently do that. Unfortunate about the software you are using. Hopefully you'll be do something eventually about that; work arounds to do what you need because the software isn't capable is very frustrating, especially when it's something customer-facing. Thanks for explaining everything to an overactive customer on a Saturday night.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ERIC18018