• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

Reaction score
Nah. (A) this season not lot hit with me tbh and (B) I could have sworn it came with a step change in price.

(I know it's always been expensive and I know everything is expensive here now, but mhl is starting to feel wild let alone mainline...)

On the other hand, I did go to the sale in the sale shop and it banged. They had good stock of nice things at (it's all relative) decent prices. As someone mentioned, they stock stuff left over from a year ago.

And the staff and general energy are lovely.
Specifically I bought this iteration of the mainline basic shirt. Had to come back for a second viewing before I copped it, but I love it

Image half-inched from tres bien

Attachments

• mhl_220923_063.jpg
    mhl_220923_063.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 187

sandmountain

Reaction score
Found some new spring summer 2024 looks. I was only able to find these, which is odd, because in the past I was able to find all the looks. If I had to guess maybe these are the new arrivals which should arrive (be online) next week.

I found some more looks (mainly MHL) this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4203.jpeg
    IMG_4203.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4201.jpeg
    IMG_4201.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4200.jpeg
    IMG_4200.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4198.jpeg
    IMG_4198.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4197.jpeg
    IMG_4197.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4196.jpeg
    IMG_4196.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4195.jpeg
    IMG_4195.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4191.jpeg
    IMG_4191.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4190.jpeg
    IMG_4190.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4189.jpeg
    IMG_4189.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4188.jpeg
    IMG_4188.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4205.jpeg
    IMG_4205.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4206.jpeg
    IMG_4206.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4207.jpeg
    IMG_4207.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 70

sandmountain

Reaction score
Lookbooks in Japan (for Spring 2024) are out:

Looks like there’ll be some new Mizuno pieces this season. The “lightweight nylon poplin coat” for women in this dark purple colour looks particularly appealing.

Attachments

• IMG_4258.jpeg
    IMG_4258.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 107

catchh

Reaction score
Found a few more new looks as well (not sure how come they’re not being added all at once like previous years):

Attachments

• Image 38.jpeg
    Image 38.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Image 37.jpeg
    Image 37.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Image 36.jpeg
    Image 36.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 220
  • Image 39.jpeg
    Image 39.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 250

sandmountain

Reaction score
UK lookbooks are out for mainline and MHL:

And so are the campaigns:

catchh

Reaction score
Selling my BARBOUR ENDURANCE JACKET LIGHTWEIGHT VENTILE KHAKI in size small, like new condition, worn a handful of times if anyone is interested? $400 shipped within NA

Attachments

• tempImageKPE0Ux.png
    tempImageKPE0Ux.png
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 485
  • Margaret-Howell-SS21-Men-Lookbook-016_2.jpeg
    Margaret-Howell-SS21-Men-Lookbook-016_2.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 475

sandmountain

Reaction score
Looks like the new Mizuno capsule collection is going to be released tomorrow (in Japan). From what I gather, it is comparatively quite a large collection (40 items?) of jackets, coats, shorts, trousers, jumpers, long-sleeve jerseys, t-shirts, tank tops, bags, shoes and socks. It will be sold in Margaret Howell and Mizuno stores and online in Japan, not sure about Margaret Howell stores in UK/abroad yet. A lot of it is available for preview with more to be released in April, I believe.

Last edited:

sandmountain

Reaction score
And here’s the campaign and lookbook for the Mizuno collection on the Margaret Howell Japan website:

Last edited:

sandmountain

Reaction score
AW24 Collection Preview

Looks nice, is that some eyewear this season? (On a related note, still have (and wear daily) a pair of the Cutler and Gross sunglasses from 2015.)

illiterate

Reaction score

catchh

Reaction score
From Vogue on the new aw24:

Margaret Howell is allergic to branding, so it was a surprise to see a monogram sneak its way into her fall collection. That said, it was more of a cipher than a logo, comprising a tiny “MH” written in her own hand and stitched on the pocket of a vegetable-dyed shirt. The brand’s head of menswear, Ioannis Cholidis, had persuaded Howell to experiment after having discovered a similarly adorned pocket on a pair of raspberry silk pajamas in the archive. It took several goes to get the handwriting correct. “It is odd when you’re consciously writing, something always goes awry,” said Howell during an appointment in Paris. “When I was a child, we used to have transfers that you ironed onto the fabric and then embroidered on top. Now that was a long time ago.”

The venerable British label also has a new managing director, Caroline Attwood, who takes the baton from Richard Craig, a company veteran who steered the ship for 34 years and has now retired. Most recently CEO of handbag label Ally Capellino, another resolutely un-shouty British brand, Attwood’s CV merges product and commercial stripes, with spells at Mulberry and Anya Hindmarch. Having joined in November 2023, she’s still in full immersion mode, from exploring the basement beneath the Wigmore Street store in London (“There are some beautiful pieces of furniture being stored down there!”) to meeting key partners in Japan, where she travels next month. Where does she see key opportunities for this much-loved brand? “It’s early days, but I think there are lots, from stores in different markets, thinking about developing collections for wholesale, the homewares side, and behind the scenes in terms of infrastructure and setting things up for the future. For me, it’s the dream job,” she said.

If things are changing at the top, it was reassuring to see that only the tiniest tweaks have been made to the collection. The headlines: Trousers were a little slouchier for fall, with a baggy leg and hems that pool at the ankle rather than turn up; meanwhile waists were a touch more defined, with waxed-cotton raincoats cinched with leather belts, for instance. Elsewhere the collection was a ramble through the practical, pleasingly polished lineup of wardrobe heroes MH fans know and love. Some favorites: a reversible shearling waistcoat, made in London, and surprisingly lightweight; a British wool cropped bomber jacket from the MHL line; a pair of long corduroy shorts adapted from the archive to give the impression of a chic French culotte; a superchunky cotton-cashmere scarf; and a peaked-lapel narrow black blazer in British barathea. Oh, and that blue-gray shirt signed “MH”—a relaxed button-up with IYKYK flair.”

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xlagane