• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

this jacket and shirt?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Domindart
What do you think?

I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who has an opinion on an electric blue 2b blazer that doesn't include "throw it out" or "set it on fire."

I give you props for having your own style, but it doesn't appear to be one that anyone here would encourage.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The color and cut are both really distracting. Honestly, it's hard to think of anything that would look right

Domindart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who has an opinion on an electric blue 2b blazer that doesn't include "throw it out" or "set it on fire."

I give you props for having your own style, but it doesn't appear to be one that anyone here would encourage.

LOL damn. well Im still gonna try to make it happen. thnx for your opinion.

I think Ill try it on with some differnt shirts. Maybe a turtle neck or a plain black t-shirt. also some other ideas..

Domindart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Sorry man, a double wreasted jacket on a young guy is terrible and more with that colour and mixed with a polo.

It looks like the security people from malls!

Not stylish man!

ya, I get ya on the security guy thing... Im gonna try some other mixes and matches and see what pops up. Really thought the jacket was unique.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Domindart
Really thought the jacket was unique.

I don't think anyone is denying that
smile.gif

Obviously, you can't really make a classically appealing outfit of it, so I'd go the opposite. You're better off with the t-shirt idea than trying to turn this into a serious jacket. A shirt and tie will necessarily look ridiculous with it.

Domindart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't think anyone is denying that
smile.gif

Obviously, you can't really make a classically appealing outfit of it, so I'd go the opposite. You're better off with the t-shirt idea than trying to turn this into a serious jacket. A shirt and tie will necessarily look ridiculous with it.

ya, I ve got a few pics of it with some things, Ill post up. But, I dont think I feel confident enough yet to wear it. With what I have put together..

what do you think about dying a jacket like this? black maybe.. I really like the blue, but if its not gonna look right, its not gonna get worn..

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

Throw it out. Then set the trash can on fire.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Obviously, you can't really make a classically appealing outfit of it, so I'd go the opposite...

In keeping with that idea, how about something like this? The cut of that jacket would fit it well.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are easier ways to be unique and stand out. For the record it's easier to buy classic pieces, like a nice blazer, and then do something unique with a tshirt, button-up, etc.

The collar of your polo is not fitting well at all, even unbuttoned it's dubious.

The jacket's cut and colour are dated and no alterations from a tailor are going to help. I would echo other poster's and burn the blazer and that polo. Seriously, burn them. Consider it a clense.

Domindart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
There are easier ways to be unique and stand out. For the record it's easier to buy classic pieces, like a nice blazer, and then do something unique with a tshirt, button-up, etc.

The collar of your polo is not fitting well at all, even unbuttoned it's dubious.

The jacket's cut and colour are dated and no alterations from a tailor are going to help. I would echo other poster's and burn the blazer and that polo. Seriously, burn them. Consider it a clense.

the polo shirt is nice. not gonna ditch that one.

but the jacket is tough. I saw it and thought it was so cool I bought it (at the thrift store). Wasnt really trying to stand out with it. just use a unique piece and try to make a outfit out of it. I know its dated.

The collar of the polo shirt looks a bit wierd due to the way its sitting over the collarless suit jacket I think.

Im pissed that it DOES look like a security guys outfit. Maybe if I had a matching pant this would be cool.

I just thought it was a cool , 80s, miami vice style jacket...
tinfoil.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hieromance