• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Ok ok. You had your fun. Now let’s return to the proper solemnity.

And just so you know, I purchased my first JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) in summer 2020, which corresponds to page 1 of this here electronic bulletin board. Plus, I own a Jax which is a 2017 model. So, you see, I have some serious cred and rizz, as you whipper snappers say! But that’s neither here nor there so thank you very much!
Can you please stop pumping up your own tyres it's getting boring.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m patiently waiting for new colourways for the Ascari… as far as I know, hickory, rootbeer, argyle, whiskey… have never been used in it and I’m not sure why. For now I’m loving the leopard ones much more than I thought I would, although “lava” would be a much more fitting name as that’s what it looks like.

I’d love a smaller Hemmings but that ain’t happening.

As much as I also wished the Hemmings were a little smaller, and different sizes would obviously help a certain frame fitting more people, I reversely think that a model is something unique and should only come in one size.

I was thinking of swapping the lenses to light brown as I did with my argyle Dealans… maybe that’s sacrilegous?

In my opinion the combination with the Bronze lenses is absolutely perfect.

resonaut

Reaction score
Full Metal Jackets? Have had my eyes on these for a long time. You liking them?
I've been wearing them almost daily as my Rx pair since they came out. Pretty good, the black pair has some QC issues since the coating may start flaking and scratching relatively easily (same as in similar Ringo pairs of the past).

TR14

Reaction score
I've been wearing them almost daily as my Rx pair since they came out. Pretty good, the black pair has some QC issues since the coating may start flaking and scratching relatively easily (same as in similar Ringo pairs of the past).
This is good info, thank you! My local detailer has the black. I much prefer the ones pictured above, but have always been tempted on the blacks.

Some QC issues I can live with (luckily only one of my 16 have any- very minor oxidation on Walker Glass colourway), but flaking would be extremely disappointing.

resonaut

Reaction score
This is good info, thank you! My local detailer has the black. I much prefer the ones pictured above, but have always been tempted on the blacks.

Some QC issues I can live with (luckily only one of my 16 have any- very minor oxidation on Walker Glass colourway), but flaking would be extremely disappointing.
I'd say the silver and gold ones will hold up a lot better. The glossy black finish is (as you can imagine) pretty easy to scratch. They did look a lot better on me than silver (which I initially wanted) so that's why I got them.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jikaoema