• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I am the only one who has a very hard time finding any of the unique yuketen items in the USA? was looking for the native guide boots but the only places carrying them was australia and asia

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am the only one who has a very hard time finding any of the unique yuketen items in the USA? was looking for the native guide boots but the only places carrying them was australia and asia 

This is from their web site.

Do you take personal orders?

Yes- depending on the style of shoe we can accommodate personal orders for our American-made styles. If you are interested in placing a personal order, please send us an email at [email protected] to start the conversation.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
This is from their web site.

Do you take personal orders?

Yes- depending on the style of shoe we can accommodate personal orders for our American-made styles. If you are interested in placing a personal order, please send us an email at [email protected] to start the conversation.
awesome, thanks for the info! have you ever tried this yourself?

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

awesome, thanks for the info! have you ever tried this yourself? 

I did twice. Both times I got replies . The first time he told me the shoe I was looking for was never put into production. The other time I was able to order the shoe.

Also, their is a Meg Co website that sells a few items from Yuketen and Monitaly.

http://www.grizzzlystore.com

good luck !

1989thenumber

Reaction score

I have a country ranger in 8.5 and a Maine guide in 9

Thanks. Weirdly, my Country Rangers are 9.5 and my Maine Guides are 8.5.

Last edited:

zola

Reaction score
Yeah that's weird! That's why I replied. My main guide is my winter boot (4th year now) and wanted it to be wide a enough to be able to wear thick socks. The country ranger and the hermosa sneaker are my summer shoes and the fit with no socks/ thin ones is just perfect! Love them!

NorthCoast

Reaction score
I just received an email blast that Yuketen is having a couple trunk shows coming up in Cali.

April 9th at the Roadium @ Redondo Beach

and

April 12th at the Rose Bowl

Rose Bowl Flea Market, Pasadena, CA - April 12th

Mark your calendars, Yuketen's next sample sale will take place on Sunday, April 12th at the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, California. This is your chance to pick up rare and unique Yuketen footwear, unavailable anywhere else. Come by, say "hello" and take home a pair of truly unique sample shoes!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do all recent Maine Guide Ox fit the same? Been wanting one lately and went for the Barneys Warehouse pair in peanut and found it fit significantly smaller than my previous wax flesh pair from 2011. Both marked 10E old pair I could wear sockless and lace tight, normal socks or slightly thicker socks and lace loose. New pair I cannot even get my foot in with thin dress socks. It is due to material? Or I just need to size up?

1989thenumber

Reaction score

Do all recent Maine Guide Ox fit the same? Been wanting one lately and went for the Barneys Warehouse pair in peanut and found it fit significantly smaller than my previous wax flesh pair from 2011. Both marked 10E old pair I could wear sockless and lace tight, normal socks or slightly thicker socks and lace loose. New pair I cannot even get my foot in with thin dress socks. It is due to material? Or I just need to size up?

Welcome to the lottery that is Yuketen sizing. Unfortunately they are frustratingly inconsistent. I've got Yuketens in three different sizes for three different styles. Sounds like you need to size up.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
People with the ripple sole "oxford" (I think @agvs has a pair?), do you have issues with your foot slipping out of the shoe? The insole is so high that my heel almost pops out of the shoe when I walk around. I don't think the shoe's too big either, the rest fits perfectly.

Also, recent purchase pic I guess:

Last edited:

agvs

Reaction score
People with the ripple sole "oxford" (I think @agvs has a pair?), do you have issues with your foot slipping out of the shoe? The insole is so high that my heel almost pops out of the shoe when I walk around. I don't think the shoe's too big either, the rest fits perfectly.

Also, recent purchase pic I guess:

I know what you mean but my foot doesn't feel like it's going to actually come out. I have only worn them with socks though.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
^ I wore them sockless because socks actually exacerbated the slipping. Maybe I need ninja socks or whatever so there's still a bit of skin for traction (which surprisingly isn't uncomfortable or blister-inducing). I tightened the laces and that helped a bit

NorthCoast

Reaction score
When I was a kid the shoe salesman used to put in these sticky pads that went inside the heel cup to prevent this very thing.

I have no idea what they are called though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads