• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Quote(s)

Quatsch

Reaction score
Comedy:
"Lord give me chastity, but not yet." - St Augustine

Serious:
"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters." -Plato

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flieger
You can never have enough shoes

Aportnoy.

That too!

Bricktop

Reaction score
"It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place." H.L. Mencken

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Friends are God's apology for relations. -- Hugh Kingsmill

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No man who was not a true gentleman at heart, ever was, since the world began, a true gentleman in a manner, no varnish can ever hide the grain of the wood; and that the more varnish you put on, the more the grain will express itself.

Charles Dickens

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it."
- John Stuart Mill

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical"
- Thomas Jefferson

"Complaints are every where heard from our most considerate and virtuous citizens, equally the friends of public and private faith, and of public and personal liberty; that our governments are too unstable; that the public good is disregarded in the conflicts of rival parties; and that measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice, and the rights of the minor party; but by the superior force of an interested and over-bearing majority. However anxiously we may wish that these complaints had no foundation, the evidence of known facts will not permit us to deny that they are in some degree true."
-James Madison, The Federalist No. 10

And one I've always thought was great, though I'm a little embarassed by the source:

"Let these cats amuse you with comical depictions, but where I'm from being broke is no honorable affliction"
- Bubba Sparxxx

Unbreakable

Reaction score
I think someone has/had this as a quote in their sig.

Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed, but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway The Old Man and the Sea.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They told me, "Get a job
And set yourself a goal"
But can't they understand
I just want to rock and roll

stewartu

Reaction score
Bertrand Russell

\t
"Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relatively to other such matters; second, telling other people to do so."

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can be successful and have enemies or you can be unsuccessful and have friends.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Abraham Lincoln said......If he had 8 hours to chop down a tree......he would spend 6 hours sharpening his axe!!!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads