• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Quote(s)

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Frankly, my dear..."

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes I want a man to treat me like a lady & call me beautiful, sometimes I want him to spank me & call me a whore. - Bibi Jones

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sometimes I want a man to treat me like a lady & call me beautiful, sometimes I want him to spank me & call me a whore. - Bibi Jones

Do you want any man in particular to do those things, or just any ole man?

Here's one of my favorite quotes:

If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all. --John Cage

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Do you want any man in particular to do those things, or just any ole man?

a man that treats me like a queen outside the bedroom, but once inside knows how to bring out the freak in me :embar:

Here's one of my favorite quotes:
If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all. --John Cage

you obviously haven't struck a conversation with my brother in law

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

H. L. Mencken

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don’t like eating fish. And I know that's very popular out there in Africa."

- Britney Spears

ahdaeeeee

Reaction score
"If I tell you I'm good, you probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying." - Bruce Lee

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I have a word document of all my favorite quotes, it's up to forty-two pages. Just a few from the first few pages

“It is a tale told by an idiot; full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” William Shakespeare.

“We, in this country, in this generation, are -- by destiny rather than by choice -- the watchmen on the walls of world freedom. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of "peace on earth, good will toward men." That must always be our goal, and the righteousness of our cause must always underlie our strength. For as was written long ago: "except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh but in vain."” John F. Kennedy – the speech he was to give the day after he died in Dallas.

“Wer alles verteidigt, verteidigt nichts” Frederick the Great

“Music journalists like Elvis Costello because music journalists look like Elvis Costello.” David Lee Roth

“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the **** is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.” Nick Cave.

“Morrissey writes wonderful song titles, but sadly he often forgets to write the song.” Elivs Costello.

“John Lennon sings about peace because he’s a woman-beater. Hippies are so full of ****.” Mark “E” Everett.

“If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I’ll eat meat — that’s how much I hate Morrissey.” Robert Smith.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
And my favorite Cormac quotes:

“He imagined the pain of the world to be like some formless parasitic being seeking out the warmth of human souls wherein to incubate and he thought he knew what made one liable to its visitations. What he had not known was that it was mindless and so had no way to know the limits of those souls and what he feared was that there might be no limits.” All the Pretty Horses

“A man's at odds to know his mind cause his mind is aught he has to know it with.” Blood Meridian.

“The Americans might have traded for some of the meat but they carried no tantamount goods and the disposition to exchange was foreign to them. And so these parties divided upon that midnight plain, each passing back the way the other had come, pursuing as all travelers must inversions without end upon other men's journeys.” Blood Meridian

“And the answer, said the judge. If God meant to interfere in the degeneracy of mankind would he not have done so by now? Wolves cull themselves, man. What other creature could? And is the race of man not more predacious yet? The way of the world is to bloom and to flower and die but in the affairs of men there is no waning and the noon of his expression signals the onset of night. His spirit is exhausted at the peak of its achievement. His meridian is at once his darkening and the evening of his day. He loves games? Let him play for stakes. This you see here, these ruins wondered at by tribes of savages, do you not think that this will be again? Aye. And again. With other people, with other sons.
The judge looked about him. He was sat before the fire naked save for his breeches and his hands rested palm down upon his knees. His eyes were empty slots. None among the company harbored any notion as to what this attitude implied, yet so like an icon was he in his sitting that they grew cautious and spoke with circumspection among themselves as if they would not waken something that had better been left sleeping.” Blood Meridian

“Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.” The Judge. Blood Meridian

“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be....” Blood Meridian

“For let it go how it will, he said. God speaks in the least of creatures.
The kid thought him to mean birds or things that crawl but the expriest, watching, his head slightly cocked, said, No man is give leave of that voice.
The kid spat in the fire and bent to his work.
I aint heard no voice, he said.
When it stops, said Tobin, you'll know you've heard it all your life. Blood Meridian.

“War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god.” Blood Meridian

“Moral law is an invention of mankind for the disenfranchisement of the powerful in favor of the weak. Historical law subverts it at every turn.” Blood Meridian

“He said it was a mistake to expect too much of justice in the world. He said that the notion that evil is seldom rewarded was greatly overspoken for if there were no advantage to it then men would shun it and how could virtue then be attached to its repudiation? It was the nature of his profession that his experience with death should be greater than for most and he said that while it was true that time heals bereavement it does so only at the cost of the slow extinction of those loved ones from the heart’s memory which is the sole place of their abode then or now. Faces fade, voices dim. Seize them back, whispered the sepulturero. Speak with them. Call their names. Do this and do not let sorrow die for it is the sweetening of every gift.” The Crossing.

“”You remember when we used to go down to Bloy’s to try to pick up girls? That’s where he met her at. Camp meetin. That’ll make you ponder the ways of God. He asked her out and she told him she wouldn’t go out with a man that drank. He looked her straight in the eye and told her he didn’t drink. She like to fell over backwards. I guess it come as something of a shock to her to meet a even bigger liar than what she was. But he told the naked truth. Of course she called his hand on it. Said she knew for a fact he drank. Said everybody in Jeff Davis County knew he drank and drank plenty and was wild as a buck. He never batted an eye. Said he used to but he quit. She asked him when did he quit and he said I just now did. And she went out with him. And as far as I know he never took another drink. Till she quit him of course. By then he had a lot of catchin up to do. Tell me about the evils of liquor. Liquor aint nothing. “ Cities of the Plain.

“Whatcha got ain't nothin new. This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity.” Ellis in No Country for Old Men

Wendell: “That's very linear, Sherriff.”
Ed Tom Bell: “Well, age will flatten a man.” No Country for Old Men

“When you die it's the same as if everybody else did too.” The Road

“I don’t know. I feel overmatched…I always thought when I got older God would sort of come into my life in some way. He didn’t. I don’t blame him. If I was him I’d have the same opinion about me that he does.” Ed Tom Bell, No Country for Old Men

"Enemies?"
“I have no enemies. I don’t permit such a thing.” Anton Chigurh. No Country for Old Men.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads