• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your all time favorite jeans (that you have owned)

phaedrus

Reaction score
Evisu selvedge, straight leg. My favourite becuase I wore them all the time when I was studying at uni.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Gucci indigo washed jeans, size 48(30). On the back pocket there is the red/green "tag" that is like two centimeters. I just love the red/green detail!

chipopo

Reaction score
Best pair ever: A 60's 505 (Not sure about the model) Levi's I've got from my dad many years ago.
Favorite pair now: 1st: RRDS 2nd: SC1947.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
5EP Low Down Bootcut

I really like my pair (raw denim, rinsed once before wear). The cut is flattering (though it would have been nice if they were just a little lower rise) and the colour and texture of the denim is a very deep indigo and variegated but comfortable, respectively. And of course the construction and hardware are both top notch. However, whenever I see jeans start at the $250 mark, I see stupid expensive signs pop up all over the place. That's one reason I put the APC New Standards at my favorite...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I really like my pair (raw denim, rinsed once before wear). The cut is flattering (though it would have been nice if they were just a little lower rise) and the colour and texture of the denim is a very deep indigo and variegated but comfortable, respectively. And of course the construction and hardware are both top notch. However, whenever I see jeans start at the $250 mark, I see stupid expensive signs pop up all over the place. That's one reason I put the APC New Standards at my favorite...

I know. It makes me feel kind of ridiculous that my favorite pair is also my most expensive pair.

I too wish the rise were a little lower, but all things considered, I consider them best.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I'd have to say my ssds (non-flamey) are my favorite jeans. I've been drawn to the japanese repro makers lately (like Warehouse and Oni), but the ssds have the best cut.

I also have been wearing my 5ep's a lot lately, but I have the straight downs. Man, they are gorgeous, the depth of color is something else and I like the (anti)fit on them but still, SSDS right now are my all time favorite. As my jeans get more and more worn in my opinion may change.

Cake

Reaction score
I survived undergraduate and graduate school wearing two pairs of Levis's 501s.

Nowadays Nudie RRDS.

Goblin

Reaction score
Currently, my not-even-a-month-old RRDS, my first pair of jeans that cost more than $50.

"Of all time," the baggy black Dickies that I had through high school, part of college, and part of my first dropout/meltdown. I'm not sure what happened to them. Skated in them, went to shows and fell on the floor in them, got blood, puke, and "other" on them, sat around diesel fires at parties on the Kissimmee River in them, got the **** kicked out of me by rednecks in them, kicked the **** out of rednecks in them ... probably only washed them once a month, but that was out of me being a filthy, crusty **** rather than any denim pretensions.

I'd seriously give a lot to have those jeans back, or a pair like them. I have no idea what "model" they were, they were just big black Dickies that were altogether too heavy and hot for Okeechobee, Florida. I'm looking at the Dickies page now.
smile.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorites of all time: Diesel Kratt 737, just a great all-round pair of jeans. Back when Diesel was as cool as you can get these were just understated enough to rock all the time but just distinctive enough you knew exactly what they were.

Favorites now: Toss up between my Acne Mic Ridged (dress) and my Earnest Sewn Fulton Maz Dark (casual). Probably have to give the nod to the ES because they are more comfortable and somehow get worn more often (seeing as I'm in a suit from 8-7 every day and don't want to swap that for raw denim when I get home unless I'm going out).

EdMan

Reaction score
Anytime I get a new pair
laugh.gif

Of all the jeans I've owned, I think the ones that made the biggest impact in terms of fit and coolness, have to be my Sugar Cane Oki's. Just a great pair of jeans. My IH 634's run a close second. Followed closely by 5EP LDB raw.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Its a tie between two pairs of Levis for my alltime favorites. In high school i had a pair of 505's. I wore them almost everyday for 3 years until the ass ripped out of them when i was sliding down a handrail.
And my other all time favorites, are also my favorite of my current rotation. I picked up a pair of orange tab 517's and they are just perfect.

joshua_robert

Reaction score
I had a pair of Levi's Silver Tabs that I beat the **** out of all throughout college. They weren't necessarily that great, as they eventually fell apart, but I was one with the jeans for awhile there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads