• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox

type-r

Reaction score
They probably don’t even know what they will do but as of now. The current thinking is that YOOX and the Outnet will combine and stay on the existing YNAP platform tech. NAP and MP will transition to MT platform tech and there will be much more brand. And customer segmentation: MT super high-end while MP and NAP focus on more accessible luxury.

It’s really too soon to speculate. It will still be heavily financed by Richemon. Off-price is a good business it’s just not profitable lately due to complexity.

Yep, completely agree with you. The next year or two will be interesting to watch.

single_origin

Reaction score
An optimistic view is that with MT together with Yoox and Outnet, it'll mean there'll be more stock from MT making their way there. Cos MT's sales are pretty stingy (a lot of good stuff is only discounted ~30%).

type-r

Reaction score
Whilst not directly related to YOOX, I sometimes also shop at POPPRI (an eBay store). I think most people are aware of POPPRI (a Lithuanian based company with roots originally in the UK). They would be best described as a YOOX-reject store. Often a lot of their stock are ex-YOOX listings, new but defective in some way (stains, holes, scratches etc) or they are damaged-repaired items or items can sometimes be missing something like a button or a hood etc.

But there are also listings of brand new items and often go for a fraction of the price of even Yoox!

3 main downsides for me:

1. Their packing of expensive items is often in inexpensive black parcel bags. Whilst I've never had an issue, when you are used to items being packed in sturdy boxes, it can be disappointing. They used to send items in boxes but I guess they are sending packages more economically these days behind an environmental message!

2. Returns can be a hassle and pricey - you often have the original shipping deducted plus the cost of returning the item, which is organised by you with no pre-paid shipping labels etc. So you have to be absolutely sure both on sizing and need/want, to avoid returns. They do at least provide very good sizing info.

3. Customs and VAT are NOT included in final sale price. This is where YOOX has a distinct advantage together with their reasonably hassle-free returns process. So as a UK customer it's something additional to factor in on the final price.

POPPRI aren't as good as they used to be. Previously were consistently at 100% feedback but now they seem to have downsized staff, use far less models (which is fine by me) and use stock pictures often taken from YOOX. The standards have dropped a bit in light of a difficult market since 2020 and that is reflected in service and sometimes description of items. Also previously they used to start auctions at 99p with no reserve... but those days are gone (understandably, as a lot of pieces look like they end up selling well under POPPRI's cost price).

Still some major bargains to be had if you shop around. Another glorified TK/TJ Maxx but with potentially even more bargain buys than YOOX.

trndsttr

Reaction score
Prices have gone up across the board after the announcement. Looks like they did away with the weekly extra 10-30% on select items as well. No more deep discounting. RIP Yoox.
Deal has been announced but needs a few months to close. Will be business as usual until then. Also - Yoox is having a discount this week and while many items went up in price, there were a few that went down in price + have the extra 20%.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member