• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

wireartists

Reaction score

ss00 aw04 ss11 aw09

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caveat, I think that's just a bad pose, hehe. They looked amazing in the runway video and look pretty alright in the fit pic on the website itself. Will know for sure once I get them though. They came out just in time too, was about to finally give in and pick up a pair of Rick "pod shorts". Been looking for cropped pants with a sarouel-style drop for a while now and innate designer bias aside, these look better (and should work with more footwear).

As for Eastern Market, I had a seamless transaction with them. Will definitely shop with them again so thanks for the offer to help out Guy. Didn't want to bother you though or I might have asked already, lol. Still hoping that SS12 silk coat they have hits sale.

EDIT - great shot wire!

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Still snowing in Berlin? Great silhouette shot btw.

@Bene shah's AW07 knit insert coat is so nice. Coat & matching pants were available from one seller on Y! at one time. Track those down.

@Ivwri looking forward to seeing how you rock those SS13 :)

@Guy very nice :)

Guy Burgess

Reaction score

As for Eastern Market, I had a seamless transaction with them. Will definitely shop with them again so thanks for the offer to help out Guy. Didn't want to bother you though or I might have asked already, lol. Still hoping that SS12 silk coat they have hits sale.

EDIT - great shot wire!

PM me, always happy to help! :D

dantebykiko

Reaction score

rudo

Reaction score
2.jpg

1.jpg

Hello, I've been lurking this thread for awhile, but first time posting pics. I may know some of you from buying yohji from you guys :). All clothes are yohji except bag, shoes, hat and scarf. Pic is from a month ago or so when I was visiting korea.

11aw coat and pants
12aw cardigan
10ss shirt

davidlee388

Reaction score
rudo, now you're done lurking, start posting more :)
That looked effortlessly cool. Serious key runway pieces too. That coat looks like the wool gab version of AW11 Look 7 Oatmeal Shawl Collar coat? I know 2 ppl here who have this piece rate it very highly, grail worthy. That AW12 Look 35 Snap Button Cardi is also great, I tried it on in Cambon shop sale but the OS sz 3 was way too long for me. You have an ideal frame for most things YY. #envy

Anyway, my contribution, a fit pic I found on my archive ( 5 months ago, a funny, random, phone timer caught-me-out shot ). Since I will be sadly house-bound for >1 week so no going out, never mind any YY indulgence :(

YYPH SS08 Look 45 Faux Vest Frock Coat - ( HM-J45-212 ) - 50/50 cupro/bamboo
YYPH SS08 Look 2 Ronin Pants - ( HM-P70-091 ) - cotton
YYPH AW11 Monkey Boots - ( HP-E05-754 ) - leather

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glad to see this thread is still going strong, lots of great fits. :slayer:

managed to get my hands on this 6.1 the men aw91 coat a little while ago and has worn it every day since then! Heavy heavy gabardine, this thing is built like a tank and I could it last a lifetime. Finally got a coat with some proper length too

the aw04 knit, and a pair of boiled wool drawstring pants from y's aw06 that I cropped, wearing with long johns under

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving that picture david, very "Yohji" in my opinion, hehe.

Great to see you posting rudo, and like david said, now keep on posting :p. Very cool looking fit.

Kiko, what size is that suit? Love the way it fits on you! I bemoan my utter inability to find anything in my size from SS00 :(. That extra stripe detail down the back elevates this to the next level.

asobu, saw you post this over on SZ and would have sent you a strongly worded PM if you didn't post it on here as well :D.

What's so awesome about this page is that it really captures what makes Yohji awesome as a designer. The similarities between the fits are there (all mainly black for one), but at the same time everybody has their own style to bring to the table so it doesn't look uniform. Great, great stuff!

Still the best thread on SF :slayer:.

EDIT - posted pics on here on my tumblr so if anybody wants their picture off, let me know.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score

glad to see this thread is still going strong, lots of great fits. :slayer:

managed to get my hands on this 6.1 the men aw91 coat a little while ago and has worn it every day since then! Heavy heavy gabardine, this thing is built like a tank and I could it last a lifetime. Finally got a coat with some proper length too

the aw04 knit, and a pair of boiled wool drawstring pants from y's aw06 that I cropped, wearing with long johns under

So that's what you still keep my friend after selling all those stellar pieces :)

The 6.1 The Men coat is rare and superb, and yes great length too. Everything worked.

Start calling you the Scarf Man :slayer:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Kiko, what size is that suit? Love the way it fits on you! I bemoan my utter inability to find anything in my size from SS00
frown.gif
. That extra stripe detail down the back elevates this to the next level.
pants are size 6, jacket size 3. the stipe its actually seatbelt that goes on the front and on the back. mental. love it so much....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads