• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
My SS12 linen trousers are getting a lot of wear. Nothing new, sorry. (we took this picture because a friend and I showed up to brunch dressed very similarly, ha).
8357877726_d4ac6769b9_z.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bene that Issey looks a billion times better without those chunky sweater cuffs sticking out of it. Those pants look made for it too.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were made for it, took a pair of CSs and dyed them twice from navy to black :D

Last edited:

StevenE

Reaction score
So has anyone ever seen the leg-warmers from a/w09 online anywhere?

I think this look is amazing, and a great way to pull together wider cut pants for the slimmer wearers. I would love a pair but I've never been able to find them or even anything even tangentially related/similar. It's not a look subsequent collections have returned to either. It's weird that something so small has basically come the item I most seem to seek after...

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Package came in from an older order from esox.
These pants are my new favorite I think. So much volume :drool:

Some motion and a better quality shot

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Package came in from an older order from esox.
These pants are my new favorite I think. So much volume :drool:

Some motion and a better quality shot

Bene my boy, please tell me that this is how you will buy your trousers from now on! I'll be totally honest with you and say that while you've improved a lot I still struggled to enjoy some of your outfits. This, however, is ******* stellar and much better than your short jacket, high roll, cropped sleeve looks w/ tapered pants

Hope you will post this in the wawyt thread, since I would like to see the reactions

footwear could still use some work though, but you know that already : )

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like all the different shapes and sizes, from flowly bene to egg bene, depends on how i feel that day what i wear. I'l post it later today. Gotta review todays lectures! :D

i like my issey crinkle crop sleeve blazer mostest of my blazers :D

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Really Bene, I'm 99.99999% certain that centre crease/pressed line on your pants wasn't there per se. Dry-clean, iron, whatever, get rid of it, it's distracting the voluminous nature of your silhouette. It aint a mean criticism :)

Edit:- I am more drawn to those outrageous peak lapels on a single breasted blazer, i.e. good enough to grace anyone's Yohji wardrobe.

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
depends where you wearing your trousers. if you like having them on your true waist you should not remove it..

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ david. i have one y's wool gab trouser with pressed line and i bought it new like that.

it's not uncommon with pressed pants, he does those every season and can be seen on every runway. I have several pairs with a front crease/press, for instance the Dr YY suit, which can be seen on the runway. It was especially common in earlier collections. Pants look good, btw!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of items from LNCC and would like opinions on sizing and on the pieces in general. Sorry for the bad photos.
Silk metallic grey trousers. They fit monstrously in the waist. Is this much cinching normal? I'm 5'10 and these are a 3 (didn't have a 2.)

I think they had slipped down a bit in this one, but gives you the best look at them. I think I'll need a belt.

Soutien coat size 2

$200 shirt from Barney's sale size 2

Okay, so my thoughts..

The silk pants are phenomenal. Just really simple and luxurious. Barely cropped because I went with a 3, so not too much of a stretch for me stylistically. The volume seems perfect. If they will stay up in the waist I think I'm good.

The coat is oversized and I know it's supposed to be. Do I need to have it altered in any way, particularly the sleeves? I know it's meant to be big but it feels like it swallows me.

What is Costume d'homme? I thought the coat was YYPH so what did I just buy? LOL

The Barney's shirt was kind of an impulse buy. Not sure if I'll be able to pull that off, but seems kind of interesting.

davidlee388

Reaction score
it's not uncommon with pressed pants, he does those every season and can be seen on every runway. I have several pairs with a front crease/press, for instance the Dr YY suit, which can be seen on the runway. It was especially common in earlier collections. Pants look good, btw!
That's a fair comment
smile.gif
The centre crease was evident on those beige linen/ramie blend Looks on the SS09 Runway, however they were not super wide pants, more TTS pants.

Just personal preference, I'd rather wear pants ( especially super oversized ) without the crease. Less formal, more fluent silhouette.

Bene's pants are still great. They complement that blazer well.

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

What is Costume d'homme? I thought the coat was YYPH so what did I just buy? LOL

Costume d'Homme is another line from Yohji. From what I've seen the designs are usually very simple, but have very luxe details. For example the linining in your jacket. I have a gorgeous peak lapel overcoat from this line with tons of pick stitching on the lapels and I assume some % of cashmere in the fabric

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads