• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent acquisition!

if any of the experts could help me ID it would be muco gracias.

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Recent acquisition!

Have you received this already? I was eyeing it up too but the sleeve length seemed very short or something if I remember correctly

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From underarm to underarm approx 24"
From back of neck down approx 32"
Sleeve approx 27"

you must have some reallllllly long arms. How tall are you tw?

Dont have the tag code, pmed the seller about it. I should have it pretty soon anyway though so ill look myself. The seller is from the same state as me so I expect a day or two from when he ships?

Cool fact, he got it from Charivari boutique!

Last edited:

Arche

Reaction score
Continuing on from my recent acquisition of the "parachute" jacket, I've just bought another fairly eccentric piece, this time from F/W 2006. I really like this whole collection, and I missed out on a long coat with the same kind of ornamentation a while back on Y!, so I'm really excited to pick this one up. It won't arrive for at least a week, and in the meantime I'd be really interested to know if anyone has any more detailed information about it. All I know is that it is 100% wool, and that the ornamentation around the collar etc. is silk. Does anyone know what kind of fabric it is? Is it wool gabardine? Given that it's an A/W piece, I assume it's a reasonably heavy fabric, and it looks fairly solid, but it's hard to determine with any certainty from the runway pics. Also, does anyone know if all those slits on the front are pockets? Or are they, perhaps, actual slits akin to the ones on the striped blazer, from the same collection, that David has? David, I seem to remember you saying something about being able to thread a scarf through the slits on your blazer.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^they did those in several iterations but it said flannel wool in the listing for that particular auction so... well, I'm guessing it's not gabardine. The slits probably go through, so not pockets. Never liked the styling with the silk scarves through the slits, there was another blazer in the same collection that was done better in this regard. they're kinda cool as just slits though.

bene, that one is aw94.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

especially the Alfeld style which shall be mine :devil:.

Business must be good in the Ivwri household. :nodding: I think those are the only ones my flat feet could handle from that selection, but man..2250 retail.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh not of the size 2 i meant the one i got from 94! Nothing wrong with some runway pics though :D

Recent acquisition!

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Just arrived to find the cashmere cropped from valter thanks homie!! Barely cropped as they're quite long and sz4 but the fabric is deliciously soft lush thick goodness me
Also lying in wait was the priest shirt omg :drool:

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score

Thanks asobu!!! Anyone know where I can find pics of that runway collection? Im trying to no luck :(. Firstview ends at 97

Kiko is right, SS01 but not look 1, different embroidery on a different panel + unflapped " expandable " pockets ( 3-D ). I actually tried the same blazer on in sz 2 in Rex Woo's " showroom " back in March, semi regretting that I've not bought it. But then I've purchased 8 pcs for me and my wife so had to be sensible!

Great blazer though, longish sleeves but with short, boxy silhouette.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

davidlee388

Reaction score

^they did those in several iterations but it said flannel wool in the listing for that particular auction so... well, I'm guessing it's not gabardine. The slits probably go through, so not pockets. Never liked the styling with the silk scarves through the slits, there was another blazer in the same collection that was done better in this regard. they're kinda cool as just slits though.

The fabric of my AW06 is 90/10 wool/nylon, the same as that used extensively in AW05. It even feels the same with a woven texture. But if those on this ( OTT but nice ) blazer are slits, don't assume it will be very warm lol. I concur with Asobu I'm not fond of the scarf thru look, the slits just give the option. I do like the closure arrangement of my blazer, like a fencing jacket.

I know one of the experts on this thread is on the hunt for one of those AW06 coats, his grail....but so so dear on Y!.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads