• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that looks great TW :slayer: you should do yyph full time, hehe. seriously though, that blazer looks great, very nice balance.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

that looks great TW :slayer: you should do yyph full time, hehe. seriously though, that blazer looks great, very nice balance.

Thanks asobu. Means a lot coming from you!

I was actually a bit worried that it would be too aggressive for my first yohji jacket (2-3" inches bigger everywhere than I'm used to), but when I put it on it feels so right...

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proper FP

I like the shoes but I think I will take them to a cobbler to have them dyed black. Although the blue feels cheeky, what do you guys think. Very old but very comfortable pair of ballys. Back when they were pretty good.

I have some white oversized shirts coming in from a while back, hopefully they will work well with this suit. :)

One button for kiko ;)
Did not like the pant roll on these, material did not play well with it. wants to fold more than roll. :)

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
maybe just roll the pants and leave one button undone on the jacket. its like rule i think =))

ps: whats the product code? looks like aw05... hm

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks cool, don't like the high sides though. For that price you could definitely get a real yyph shirt, or two.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sides would def be an issue.

Something I have noticed, I definitely find myself attracted to other brands for certain items. The blazers/ knits/pants i want are all pretty much Y with some exceptions (some cool EA stuff at the right price and the Y-3 collection recently). When it comes to shirts, I like Y, but I also like a lot of other designers equally. Especially for floral or prints (recently really liked duchamp's tonal floral patterned shirts).

That being said, still trying to figure out what my philosophy and approach to Y and clothing is. :)

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
putting aside that this its women shirt i think the side cuts are awesome, but for me its a bit over-designed for mens wardrobe. i bought few y's stuff in the begging without knowing that they are for women. wore them 2-3 times max, now my gf have pants/shorts and iwvri got the rest of it for his wife.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what sense do you feel it is over designed? Just curious :)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
X-posted, the fabric on the jacket is just :drool: The cashier at grocery store said he looked it a lot too lol
schneider fw11 alpaca yyph fw05 wool with cupro lining inaisce fw12 wool & cotton jersey vans

the trousers are insane. soft, slightly crinkled, double faced Wool and Cotton jersey constructed in a pleated manner, falling centrally and creating the leg of the piece itself with a slightly curved leg, an exaggeratively large upper thigh and a hem where the double layered effect is present. drawppedcrawtch of course. Two in-seam front pockets. The waistband closure is via a lengthy leather belt at the side, syncing the belt to the wearers perfect size. Hems remain unfinished.
I sold them to a guy on SZ who was desperately looking to complete his collection (he has the current season hat, scarf & shirt in the double faced wool fabric so naturally the pants were needed to finish it) :foo:​

Last edited:

Arche

Reaction score
I've just come across this outfit, and it's become my next grail. My partner absolutely loves it too (I think it's her background in clothing history). If anyone sees either the trousers or the jacket in a size 4 and isn't interested in it themselves, I'd love to know. I remember seeing the trousers a while ago, but from memory they were too small for me. I'd also be interested in any more info about both garments (fabric etc.).

Jikan

Reaction score
The jacket looks to be in the same fabric as a jacket I own in a 84% ramie 16% rayon fabric. I think another poster here owns those pants, actually.

davidlee388

Reaction score
I've just come across this outfit, and it's become my next grail. My partner absolutely loves it too (I think it's her background in clothing history). If anyone sees either the trousers or the jacket in a size 4 and isn't interested in it themselves, I'd love to know. I remember seeing the trousers a while ago, but from memory they were too small for me. I'd also be interested in any more info about both garments (fabric etc.).

Hey Arche, I posted a fit here on 11/11/12 ( you can check it yourself ), Look 45 Faux Vest Frock + Look 43 Suspender Pants ( same as the pic ). Absolutely tremendous pieces. I feel you can't wear the jacket w/o the ronin pants but not the other way round. The jacket fabric ( prob the same as Look 43 ) is unique too, 50/50 cupro/bamboo. Size 2 fits TTS, not oversized as per usual YYPH. The pants are in heavy cotton but very nice to the touch. Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads